1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Tool pouch for my EDC bag

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by Pilgrimm, Nov 23, 2012.

Pilgrimm Loaded Pockets

Hey all, I need some suggestions and advice regarding a tool pouch for my EDC bag.

I carry a couple pairs of small needle nose, wire snips, a small wrench, some precision screwdrivers, and a multi driver with a good bit of bits in my EDC bag yet dont have anything to put them in. I bought some Husky Organizer bags a couple of weeks ago and that has been my solution for the time being yet im not at peace with the pouch nor with the tools just thrown in there.

Id like them more so to be organized, their own specific place and more so "on display" when I need to pull something out and not go digging for such things.

I couldve swore I saw a Condor Tool Pouch a while back yet tried searching and came up with nothing, though maybe I didnt search deep & thorough enough. Some like a Maxped organizer would be good, yet not sure if there is something oriented for tools which I would like. Something compact, clean, easy to get in & out of would be great.

What do you guys use and what would you advise looking into?

I thank you all in advance!
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Cocoon Grid-Its.
    Pilgrimm likes this.

aldo_vic_t Loaded Pockets

Well, Maxped has got several sizes of EDC Organizer pouches, from the Micro, Mini, EDC, Fatty and now the Beefy Pocket Organizer. You can also use the Janus, Cocoon and Monkey Admin Pouch, depending on your needs. I've been using the last three items i mentioned and the EDC Pocket Organizer. There are other organizers around, but i guess the availability of any item you want will play as a factor in your procurement.
    Pilgrimm likes this.

Pilgrimm Loaded Pockets

Never thought of that before and looks very good, there can be some top notch organization as well.

I was originally thinking of something that could be zipped up, the thought of an open source never occurred to me however. Id like it to be as small and as compact as possible, yet still providing enough space for the tools to live free.

The Grid It is definitely on my mind now and I can think of a million uses it could be used for around the house. Is there any pouches that come to mind?

Pilgrimm Loaded Pockets

I have the Fatty & Micro and love them and would like something along those lines, maybe even indulging in another Fatty or possibly an EDC granted the multi driver will fit inside given its length. The organizers fit all of my needs and would most likely find more items to fill the tool pouch granted I get another Maxped.
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

If you want to see the stuff, how about a toiletry bag?
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353738183.248542.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353738198.247782.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pilgrimm, Gnarly and mole like this.

Pilgrimm Loaded Pockets

I actually really dig that idea Catherine, I may have to go look at some next time at the store. Definitely a lot of compartments and zippers for organizational needs, plus I would most likely end up with a bunch of room to be filled...Darn.

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

lnytunes and Pilgrimm like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

The bags they make for crochet hooks and knitting needles would work to, but your tools might rebel. At least you could get a toiletry bag made by victorinox or heys or even eagle creek so you don't have to turn in your man card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    keeper likes this.

LoneStarJosh Loaded Pockets

I just ordered a Skinth pouch at http://skinthsolutions.com. He custom makes them after you order it, so it takes about a month, but they're the best things I've found so far. Tons of different colors & variations. There is a couple threads dedicated to them.
    Gnarly likes this.

lnytunes Loaded Pockets

How about a tool roll pouch? I have a couple and I think they work pretty well.

Edit: Got ahead of myself before reading Indigo's post about the same thing. :p
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

I think you are thinking of the Condor T&T pouch. It gets heavy pretty quick, but that is what you may have seen.

thatotherguy Loaded Pockets

Maxpedition makes two toiletry bags, Original SOE makes a smallish one with less organization, Hazard 4 also makes one. Filson makes a really nicely made one for a higher price.

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

It might also be worth your time to check into an empty "IT Toolkit" soft case - it sounds like most of your tools would fit comfortably and not have the inconvenience of a hard case in your pack.

Cornholio2188 Loaded Pockets

I think you know what I'm gona say-Skinth Catch All-you can always add more tools, and it had LOADS of space.

The reason why I say Skinth, even though it may cost a little more than you expected to put aside, it's the most convenient. You have everything top access, you'll never need to reach down into, various methods of securing the flap, and many different ways you can attach it (molle, clip, etc) and you can even hang things from an h&k clip (custom option)

http://skinthsolutions.com/catch-all-ca/

There's some other alternatives, like the Trailblazer or Down Range (which is quite a cheaper option)

You'll either buy a bunch of other pouches and keep switching or buy one you'll be happy with.

"buy once, cry once"
    nuphoria likes this.

e2dwml Loaded Pockets

Here's my tool kit. All the contents are listed in my EDC thread so I'll just post pics.
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]