1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

The ultimate jacket(s) vol. 2

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Valerian, Oct 26, 2012.

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

I just bought a Carhartt waterproof breathable jacket. Simple and rugged, I love it so far. And it doesn't look like i just rappelled into the grocery store.;)

saniterra Loaded Pockets

I have a Filson wool double mackinaw cruiser that I am very fond of. Great in any situation that involves cold.
    patrat likes this.

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

They have some good looking stuff on their site, but at those prices it's not really even worthwhile for me to windowshop.
    • Administrator

Valerian Tea-powered admin

Can't help you with where, but those are Barbour jackets. Quite pricey, I imagine... I used to have one of their waxed cotton jackets and it was very nice, except that it was not durable at all. I wore multiple holes in it surprisingly quickly. But if those are leather jackets, I guess that won't be an issue.

Penrith Empty Pockets

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

I too have a Filson Tin Cloth (Field) Coat. Good stuff!

DBR Loaded Pockets

Hilarious.

filjos Loaded Pockets

My wife must really love me. Or she is planning on abandoning me someplace very, very, cold. She gave me my Christmas present early yesterday in the form of a Filson Double Mackinaw Cruiser in Charcoal Grey.
    patrat likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

CSM-101 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have a 5.11 5 in 1 and never really liked it. First of all it was one size too large and I kept it too long to exchage. But the thing is way too heavy for me as I can go 90% of winter with only a pull over fleece. I prefer my two M-65s.

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Lucky guy, filjos!

boof Loaded Pockets

my belstaff trailmaster has been doing well for me up to now for the last two seasons.
    [IMG]

or an A&F Sentinal with a 108 wool military jacket lined on the inside now that it is getting colder
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

I got a couple new heavier jackets for when it gets colderer in January but havent really tried them out yet so cant say.
    but for colder weather also have had an overland b3 now for about 20 years and is still going
    [IMG]

I like allot of the eddie bauer and victorinox stuff as well and ralph lauren but the RL is a bit on the exspensive side.

myke Loaded Pockets

or an A&F Sentinal with a 108 wool military jacket lined on the inside now that it is getting colder
    [IMG]

I love these things! I have several, they used to be really easy to find, not so much anymore. Any idea what the proper issue number or name is? The ones I have are worn to the point that the labels are not legible.

jv6509 Loaded Pockets

Just purchased a Belstaff Tourist Trophy so I will let you know how that is.

[IMG]

Current go to jackets are my TAD Stealth LT (last years when they were affordable)
    [IMG]
    Layered with a Ranger hoodie.

Those three are really all that I need.

boof Loaded Pockets

Im also on like my second or third one. The first one I had was a very old one with a white sewn in label that is long gone. it just wore out.
    the one I have currently like the one in the pic (that isnt my exact one) has the label printed on the inside.

I agree they are not as easy to find these days as they used to be. there is a surplus store up in ameyoko here in tokyo have got a bunch in and I pick up a new one there. the label reads.

" MEDIUM
    CHEST-FROM 37 TO 41 INCHES
    STOCK NO. 55-s-2515
    SHIRT, FIELD, WOOL, OLIVE GREEN - 108
    1. SHIRTTAIL MAY BE WORN EITHER OUTSIDE
    OR INSIDE TROUSERS.
    2. TO INCREASE SIZE OF SHIRT AT WAIST, RIP OUT
    STICTCHING IN EACH DART AT RIGHT AND LEFT
    SIDE OF THE SHIRT.
    3. THIS GARMETN CAN BE DRY CLEANED OR LAUNDERED.

DO NOT REMOVE THIS LABEL (kinda hard when it is printed on the jacket itself)

SHIRT, FIELD, WOOL, OLIVE GREEN - 108
    WOODBURY MFG., CO.
    TAP-1711-01-1769-C-53, 15 MAY 1953
    SPEC NO. MIL-S-10858A
    PATT. DATE: 16 SEPT. 1952
    A.S.T.A.P.A
    CONTENT:APPROX.85% WOOL 15% NYLON"
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzkrieg Loaded Pockets

I love my Carhartt thermal lined hoodie. A past girlfriend borrowed it & let her cats sleep on in it. If cat claws didn't beat the hell out of the liner then I knew it would last. And I still wear it every day during the cold season. And the deep inside zipper pocket fits a Maxpedition micro pocket organizer with no issues.

JackBauer2218 Loaded Pockets

I was watching the movie safe house the other day and I have been trying to find a jack like that olive drab multi pocket coat he is wearing in the movie but cant find one yet.

Bigpapi13 Loaded Pockets

The new Condor multi cam summit jacket is one I'll be picking up as soon as it's available. I have one in od and is a great all around jacket.

Coupe_gxp Uber Prepared

I have been using a Marmot Trollwall Pro GoreTex Jacket for about 2+ years now.
    [IMG]

If I am not wearing that I am wearing my Underarmour Extreme Coldgear Sherpa Lined Fleece Jacket.