1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

The Skinth Model/Prototype Consolidated Gallery

Discussion in 'EDCF Craftsman' started by metropolicity, Feb 16, 2012.

Cornholio2188 Loaded Pockets

Yes! Outside pockets too!! Omg you're gona make me get an OG too?!! :p
  1. How does skinths ride with fatboys? I suffer from dun-lap you know?lol
    metropolicity likes this.

lowindo Loaded Pockets

Rides great on my 44" belt but I horizontal carry on permanent loops no molle or Velcro I'm old school not interested at all in any of that or the slide on/off pocket clips. I work in and out of so many peices of equipment and in some nasty environments. I've bent pocket clips and lost things, and once you bend it it's just never right again, I don't want my $300+ tools on my hip to come up not there when I need them. Plus horizontal carry just feels natural it goes with the flow of the belt and doesn't hang down or ride up into my gut.
    metropolicity likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fabregas485 Loaded Pockets

Recieved my skinth today, and I love it. First of all. Samsung S3. Yes, it fits this skinth, but I would suggest you tell eric if you plan to use it for this as if you get buttons they will be required to be slightly higher up on the skinth (Eric feel free to start a convo about this if you want). My skinth has a buckle, and has to be at the largest setting to hold the S3 (Not tried it yet with the phone only the case as I wanted it on my backpack as soon as possible). The bottom of the skinth is pulled tight if you look at the pics below, which could be a problem if I do carry the S3 inside.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

The clip is amazing. It holds tight, and was such a hassle to get onto the bag (which is a good thing). I got both clip and molle which is holding on tight to the bag strap. Hopefully the test run tomorrow will go smoothly. Talking of tight, the side tube was tight on a e11, but so much tighter on my nitecore d11.2 (which is a good thing, but only goes in switch down due to a slight taper). (e11 in the pics above)

The pics below show my current carry inside(still not 100%, but Eric liks loadout pics so I rushed to pull this one together) (SAK Alox has been added since that pic)

[IMG]

These are pics of it on the bag. (Excuse the mess on the bag aka id card and keys, they are there ready for the morning) You may be able to see my gloves hooked onto the skinth by the H&K clip. For some reason, imgur (photo hosting site) has flipped this pic.

[IMG]
    Cornholio2188, Fukurai and SAKplumber like this.

metropolicity Loaded Pockets

You didn't get molle, you got the Horizontal straps :)

I didn't know you wanted it for the S3, the MilkyWay is much taller and made for the S3.
    Fabregas485 likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

This is the milkyway?

'The Skinth MW
    General Options: Horzontal Carry Straps , Flap Closure: Side Release Buckle , Carry Method Options: Stainless Steel Belt Clip , Key Attachment Options: H&K Metal Clip , Colors: Standard Black 1000D'
    Last edited by Fabregas485, Dec 12, 2012

Oh yah..that IS a MW...looked skinner. Is that an S3 or a Note?!
    • In Omnia Paratus

Its the S3. I have heard about a smaller S3 though. Its defo not a note as it would never fit into my pocket :p

Weird...how tall is it?!
    • In Omnia Paratus

5 and 1/4 inch without case

That's odd. My sample here at the shop is good to go. I wonder why your flap is short.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Either way, I have no complaints. Fits the strap of the bag 100%
    SAKplumber and metropolicity like this.

Awesome! My SP is going on the pack when not in use-been alternating though, since I still love belt-carrying my Zombie Skinner!
    Skinth is not just a one-time buy though-It's a fashion statement and "feel good" factor.

Pretty soon I'm gona need 7-one for each day of the week.
    Then one for each outfit. :p

Metro-been telling some close friends about Skinth and people at church-and trust me-people are askin ;)

Even though my bro doesn't like the idea of a pouch organizer/phone case, I've been trying to feel out what would work best anyway. That's the thing-for people who EDC MT's and pen/light/other combos it makes the most sense. Luckily for me though, they make great gifts!

Despite not liking the idea of a pouch, he was impressed by the Burg O' Tron! No surprise. I think a classy Skinth is right up his alley :p
    Maybe doesn't have to be with the hard to find material-lol, since ALL Skinths are classy :cool:

Oh yeah-and for those of you guys who have relatives or friends who say they have no need for it-the thing is, they don't need it-but that doesn't mean they have no need for it.

My bro kept criticizing me for spending all my money and knives and flashlights and other gear-so what did I do? I bought him a knife. :p
    And my stepdad got him a nice light :D

And I'm gettin my lady a Skinth :D
    Last edited by Cornholio2188, Dec 13, 2012

I gotta say-this guy is all class :cool:

[IMG]
    It's ridiculous how small it is, and looks more of a fashion statement than some tactical accessory. In other words-it's exactly what I'm looking for! I need something I can wear and look good wearing :p
    nuphoria and SAKplumber like this.

Just did a quick review of my SP and L-shield in the 'Gear Reviews' section :D

legoman0721 Loaded Pockets

I clip my Skinth on the shoulder strap of the Fatboy all of the time, it rides great there.
    Cornholio2188 likes this.

Ogre Banned

gack! i need to order one of these at some point. only problem is figuring out WHICH ONE. serious, its a big problem.

KB3UBW Loaded Pockets

You're not the only one...
    vegassprky and metropolicity like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

thwippa Loaded Pockets

Whatever you do, GET A BELT CLIP.

Been a wicked busy week, these are this week's 'prototypes'

They are production pieces destined for someone's belt, but they count since you've never seen the colours they are made from!

Milky Way in CB with SRB and MOLLE.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Skinth Catch All in Blaze Orange with Horizontal Straps, Outside access pen loops, and Belt Clip.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]