1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

The 'Peak Eiger Flashlight' Thread

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by olletsocmit, Nov 29, 2012.

• In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Thanx, B'rer archimedes!

Yum.....comes to mind.
    archimedes likes this.

olletsocmit BST/Marketplace ban

It's ok to store the AW 10440's in the col car right, as well as the 2 lithium's?

| Sent from my iPhone 4S |

Blerv Loaded Pockets

I found [This] on CPF as a very general temperature guide for lithium batteries. On page 1 of [This] datasheet on the Energizer L91 you can see at 0 degrees Celsius they are much better than Alkaline versions.

If I lived in the tundra I would probably put them in a small Pelican case, or something. The thought alone of being that cold though makes me sad. :(
    Gnarly likes this.

Lets see your Eigers! I know you have them!

[IMG]

Take2 likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Get this: some CRAZY is giving away a PEAK light, in our EDCF Giveaway Thread.
    vegassprky likes this.

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

I have a Peak with some sort of Luxeon going in the passaround box.
    I have one with three LEDs that I like and keep by my bed.

Still thinking/stewing on what else I want to donate to the give away thread.

I really want this Eiger Ti body!

[IMG]

Take2, Blerv and Gnarly like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

I didn't....until seconds ago.
    kertap75, =RedFox=, Blerv and 2 others like this.

I was just playing around and figured something pretty cool out. I put a GITD o-ring in the gap between the head and body. It does not come out and does not get in the way of turning on the light. What do you guys think...?

[IMG]

• +2 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

kirbysdl Loaded Pockets

I've been putting GITD rings in various nooks and crannies in lights for a long time now. I think it's great if it doesn't affect the functionality of the light! =)
    • +2 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

kirbysdl Loaded Pockets

What kind of discharge curve and battery life can be expected from the new AAA Eigers with XPG2, 200-lumen emitters. It seems unreasonable to expect 200 lumens for much time at all from an AAA-sized cell, so I'm wondering how quickly and how steeply it drops off. How much max output does a standard lithium primary cell give it? Thanks!

I get about 12 to 14 min running a Li-Ion

• In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

I wonder when mine will come...

Soon :)

I made the switch to a black lanyard tonight. What do you guys think... Here is the progress.

[IMG]

Take2 and Bravo_Kilo like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Shur Loaded Pockets

Blue.
    The colour is nice and bright, it compliments the light. The bead on that one matches better as well even though there's no Trit.
    • +2 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

kirbysdl Loaded Pockets

I agree with Shur that the bead in the first pic matches the stainless steel the best. The black paracord looks sharp too though. Are those just stacked 2-strand Matthew Walker's knots in the second and third pics?
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

[IMG]
    Just waiting on my beads from Oplon so I can add a lil lanyard to this puppy. It's fresh out of the box, excuse me while I go blind some moths. :p
    angusW and Gnarly like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

How did you do you connect your snake knot?
    • +2 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

kirbysdl Loaded Pockets

Our questions are similar. =)

Now that I think about it though, a 2-strand MW seems like a snake knot.