1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

The HINDERER Pen Thread!

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by olletsocmit, Dec 7, 2012.

• In Omnia Paratus

goosefacer EDC Junkie!!!!!

Day 1
    [IMG]

Day 4
    [IMG]

Now
    [IMG]

thePlumbah Meowderator

Thats my fav:)
    goosefacer likes this.

*quercus* Loaded Pockets

My god that Cu is lovely! superb patina happening there! :)
    goosefacer likes this.

olletsocmit BST/Marketplace ban

I got my Brass one today! The first thing I noticed was how heavy it is. I am not happy with the weight. I am not sure if they are all like this or its b/c the weight of the brass.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

| Sent from my iPhone 4S |
    • In Omnia Paratus

IMWILSON Loaded Pockets

Copper and stainless are probably about the same. I can't say for sure, I don't have a brass one yet.

The Brass pen is 1.6oz and the SS one is actually 1.8oz. I was interested in one if the bigger pens but at 3.8oz, that's gonna be a little to heavy for EDC shirt carry or prob even pocket carry for me.

MrGlockJock25 Loaded Pockets

[IMG]

Just got this one today for Christmas. Went with green aluminum and I am glad I did. I was going to get a SS but I couldn't find any. Thinking about it now I am glad I got this because of the weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    gstojinovic likes this.

To all you guys with Investigator pens... Do you baby them and keep in separate pocket or just toss in ur pocket wih you keys and knife and let it get scratched up? I have brass, dunno if my keys and SS light will tear my pen up.

[IMG]

gstojinovic likes this.

MrGlockJock25 Loaded Pockets

[IMG]

Not at all. I carry my Foursevens Mini AA Ti I my left pocket with my investigator also with my phone. Just got the investigator today and it has a couple marks already. With my stuff I use but don't abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    gstojinovic likes this.

I have been carrying my new Brass Investigator pen for only 2 days now. The threads on the end with the bullet tip are literally destroyed. I dunno if its my keys or peak Eiger light rubbing, but I have had to baby the cap on to fix the threads b/c the threads were mangled! I have a brass investigator by the way. I am so mad. This is not a pan I wanta have to baby and carry in a pocket by itself. I am thinking the brass is just too soft and if its happened 2 times alread, in 6 months from now they will be shot. Thinking of returning it. I am so mad how fragile they are. Anyone have any tips. What about those of you who have EDCed a brass pen for over 6 months now?

*quercus* Loaded Pockets

I have been carrying the Brass investigator pen for about 2 months, and haven't had any problems. I will say that when replacing the cap on either end it is quite easy to cross the threads. I found that this is less problematic since I fitted O-rings to the back end of the threads. This way you have to push the cap over the O-ring before you can engage the threads and screw it on.

It may just be a defect in the metal or may have been threaded wrong. Since these pens have a lifetime warranty, I will address the issue later if it gets worse.

I just want to make sure everyone knows.... Amazing pens and its most likely my pen. Brass is a soft metal.

I will try adding an o-ring. Will prob help

DUSTBOWL Loaded Pockets

I got the black-anodized aluminum investigator pen for Christmas! I really like it.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    HyperionScout32 likes this.

I love my brass Investigator... Just wish it was an inch longer.

I love this pen and its a great EDC pen, but I think it's just a little too short for me. My next pen will be the Ti extreme duty pen. I am not into the aluminum pens b/c I don't want it all chipped up

[IMG]

Anyone have pics of a Alum. Hinderer pen (does not matter what model) that is used daily and about a year old. I want to see how they look after a year. Color coating all chipped up?

thePlumbah Meowderator

My local office places only have them without the plastic nib on the end. Ac7ss tells me that they will work in the Parker Jotter. But my places don't have them like that:(

Switched to the flat end today, I think I like it more. I will try it out for a few days.

[IMG]

[IMG]

billybag likes this.