1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

TEC Accessories New Product Announcement: Glow Fobs

Discussion in 'TEC Accessories' started by TECENG, Mar 4, 2011.

nitrofein Loaded Pockets

Any idea on when more stainless will be available?

Shurock Empty Pockets

These are very cool. Any plans for other metals as well, like ti or antiqued bronze?

willydigger Loaded Pockets

He does do Ti. No red metals though. I don't think the design will support a soft metal like copper, brass, or bronze.

Jon has been out of stock for a while. You'll have to go elsewhere if you want something immediate.

They are totally worth it. I personally prefer the SS over the others, but the design is great with both the GITD pellet or upgraded to Trits.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Some were made in Titanium.

Waiting for the new slimline version....should be ready soon? I hope!

Pics!?
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Nah....before Christmas, TECENG announced they'll be coming out soon.
    These will be considerably slimmer, made to fit a 3mm X 23mm Trit WITHOUT the adapter tube surround....(I THINK!)

First in stainless; maybe later in Ti?
    I dunno for sure.

We should Convo TECENG et ask!

I have a Serge Pechenko and he doesn't use a protective sleeve. It makes the TEC look so much bigger. I'd be interested to see what he comes up with.

Thanks for the tease. I'll keep an eye out for it. If you do PM TEC, I'd love to hear what the timeline is.

EDIT: Man you're fast! :D
    Gnarly likes this.
    • Sponsor MFR
    • +4 Supporter
    • +3 Supporter
    • +2 Supporter
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

TECENG Loaded Pockets

Well, I'll give you all a brief update (as much as I can). Essentially I got diverted to a different design. That's not to say we won't do a "slim" version (actually, it's slim in an odd way) but I see more potential in a different design FIRST. I am working on a concept that I should have done in the next few days, then I'll have to get pre-production units quoted/fabricated. If it looks doable for full production, I'll probably release the first pre-production units to the forum store (if Jon wants them). At that point we'll revisit the previous version mentioned.

Please keep in mind that releasing a product designed specifically for tritium vials runs against our standard MO. In order for us to keep costs in line, and still be able to wholesale products, we design for the general public (i.e. people who probably don't know what tritium is). And since we CANNOT or WILL NOT sell tritium, we are essentially selling 1/2 of a product. That leaves us with only forums and possibly some of our dealers as a distribution channel. Much smaller channel means lower sales, and probably higher prices for having to make smaller production runs. It's a balance, and we really want to keep pricing affordable. That's why this stuff takes so much longer than we expect. We really have to tweak the design to keep the cost down, and unfortunately that usually means sacrificing design for function.

Anyway, enough rambling. We'll get something going here pretty soon.
    Syclone1436, Macgirl and Gnarly like this.

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

No rush whatsoever. I'm sure people were antsy when Michelangelo was painting the Sistine Chapel too, but they were pretty happy with the end result. :)
    Gnarly and Norse Scots like this.

kertap75 Loaded Pockets

What do the ninja turtles have to do with this?

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

I was playing Borderlands 2 and came across a Sidequest that was clearly a reference to the Ninja Turtles, and now I have turtles and pizza on the brain.
    tmedina likes this.

kertap75 Loaded Pockets

Mmmm...pizza.......
    tmedina likes this.

LausDeo Loaded Pockets

I would really enjoy a significantly larger tritium vial. Not so much longer in dimension but wider in it's radius. Ideally twice as wide as the ones currently marketed. It seems like it would be much brighter. Is this even possible I wonder?
    Macgirl likes this.
    • Administrator

Kripto Evil Sid

I've got some 8 inch tritium vials. :)

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

:eek:

LausDeo Loaded Pockets

I would love to have one but not so much for my keychain. I would have to find some other purpose for it.
    • +2 Supporter

steel1 Empty Pockets

Nice product got a handful of them glow very very well would be nice if they came in different glowing colours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk