1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Suunto Core All Black vs. Suunto Core Regular Black

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Medic646, Sep 3, 2012.

Medic646 Loaded Pockets

I am very interested in the Suunto Core. I have been seeing a lot of bad reviews of the All Black due to the screen being hard to see but haven't seen any reviews on the Regular Black. I was wondering if anyone can chime in here who has had experience with both or either one. I will be using this for EDC and Work on an Ambulance.

NATHAN> Empty Pockets

Adam, I have had two negative face Cores and three positive face Cores. As a paramedic I would definately reccomend that you purchase a regular face. The negative face cores are super cool looking but are hard to read like everyone says. They really are. Especially in the sunlight. On both of the Cores there is a contrast adjustment which can be used to make it easier to read. Obviously, just like a cell phone that you are trying to save battery on; the darker the contrast the more battery you eat up. The positvie face Cores are one of the clearest looking interfaces that there is in my opinion. Get a negative face for off work time and cool factor. Get the positive face for working conditions and everyday use. Hope this helps.

Medic646 Loaded Pockets

That does help. Thank you. I think I just need to find a place that caries both and go see them side by side.

nick nitro Loaded Pockets

Same here, I have owned two negative displays,and one positive display. Negs are cool looking but the Pos is way easier to read. The backlight on the Negs is even hard to read at night.

jzmtl Loaded Pockets

The only time I find my all black hard to read is dusk and dawn, so I just use the backlight. I've heard people say it's hard to read in sunlight, but my experience is opposite as it's very easy to read under strong light.

But as you say, it's :censored: cool so the little trade off is worth it for me.

ChadHahn Loaded Pockets

I agree that the all black is very hard to read and I also don't like that it doesn't have an auto back light feature. It wouldn't be so bad if when I snapped my wrist the back light came on like it does on my Casio Pathfinder.

It is very cool though.

Chad