1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Super Surge question.

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by baja820, Dec 22, 2012.

baja820 Loaded Pockets

I finally bought a ST300 for the jaws to put on my surge. My question is do i need to remove the blade lock for the jaws to fit?

[IMG]
    • +2 Supporter

metropolicity Loaded Pockets

Yup, you'll need to break them off. Wear gloves and grab each tang with the super tool on the surge and pull back till it snaps off. Go slow, you don't want to pop that rivet off.

If you don't, the extra shoulders on the ST300 head will get caught on them and you won't be able to completely close.

I'll be doing another super surge/bush craft mod so I'll be doing the same soon :)
    baja820 likes this.

baja820 Loaded Pockets

Wouldn't it be easier to drill the rivet out?
    • +2 Supporter

Nope, it's means having to put one back in and finding the right spacer to eat up the slack.

Seriously, it'll take you 3 mins to break them off if you go slow.

baja820 Loaded Pockets

I wish you had a video walkthrough on youtube. Lol
    ac7ss likes this.

baja820 Loaded Pockets

[IMG]

I slapped it together after i got frustrated trying to line up the copper washers...
    • +2 Supporter

Ill see about shooting a video. I'll be doing it in the morning.
    • +2 Supporter

Dental picks!
    baja820 likes this.

baja820 Loaded Pockets

Oh believe me i have a dozen dental picks and use them extensively! When i slide the head onto the handle it pushes the washer out...... angry.
    • +2 Supporter

You can skip the washers on the plier head if you squish the handles a bit. It'll close up the gap.

baja820 Loaded Pockets

I finally got all the copper washers in. That sucked it took me like two hours.

baja820 Loaded Pockets

[IMG]

Any suggestions for a tool to sneak into here next to the fine screw driver?
    • +2 Supporter

can opener? It's got three functions :)..(don't forget the wire stripper!)

baja820 Loaded Pockets

I got some insider info this morning from a leatherman distributer in china that leatherman will make the surge with st300 jaws available in January.
    • +2 Supporter

Hmm. I'll be interested to see how they solved the blade lock pin issue.

baja820 Loaded Pockets

It seems to me if they made the handle cavity slightly deeper it would fit no prob.
    • +2 Supporter

You have to remember that means two possibly 4 major tooling changes. The die to cut the sheet, the die to bend the inside and the die to bend the outside slots. Possibly more. :D

baja820 Loaded Pockets

Metro, if you are on Instagram you should check me out and see what you can make of the Chinese distributer post. Im tyler_norman on instagram.
    • +2 Supporter

I am not on Instagram. A have a dozen things to check and update sadly. Can you repost on here for fun sake?
    Fabregas485 likes this.