1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

StonePaw's EDC

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by StonePaw, Nov 6, 2012.

• In Omnia Paratus

Fukurai EDC Junkie!!!!!

For the best town of course...;)

StonePaw Loaded Pockets

Thought so :D (and of course I disagree :p )

So your opinion for best (German?) town? But don't say Düsseldorf - cause than I would drop dead on the spot :frantic:
    Norse Scots and Fukurai like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fukurai EDC Junkie!!!!!

No it's not Düsseldorf (never been there ;))

StonePaw Loaded Pockets

I've tried to get some good pictures of the content of my Maxpedition Fatty (aka Multi-Purpose-Toolbox-Urban-Survival-First-Aid-Kit) and failed miserable :unsure:

Anyways - here we go:

[IMG]
    . von StonePaw auf Flickr

Stuffed to the max and therefore somehow borderline to be carried comfortable in my purse.

[IMG]

I'am not sure how to list the content best - try for a kind of a counter-clockish-approach:
    • Aloksak-bag with different pain-killers, band aids, alkohol-wipes, etc.
    • Sandpaper nail-file
    • Spork
    • Zip-ties
    • Zero gravity ballpen
    • Edding (german sharpie)
    • Exotac nano-striker XL
    • Pocket lighter
    • Böker vox access tool
    • Super glue
    • Tape measure
    • Eagletac flashlight
    • Victorinox SAK
    • Leatherman Charge TTI
    • Bandana
    • First aid dressing
    • 2x CR123 spare batteries
    • Bits for the LM
    • Kodan (antiseptic agent)
    • Panthenol cream
    • Vinyl gloves
    • Duct tape
    • Pouch with sewing-kit, razor blades, safety pins, can opener, nails, etc.
    • Note pad, whistle, compass, mini light
    Your opinion? Do I carry waaaaay to much?
    • In Omnia Paratus

Lynx Loaded Pockets

The pictures are quite good I think. Much better than my mobilephone indoor shots. :)

As for your Kit, it looks well-conceived to me. But since you're carrying it in your purse I would cut down some things. I don't know the tool layout of your SAK but since you already have the LM Charge I wouldn't carry both 'cause they add some noticeable weight to your setup. If the SAK is the one from the first page of this thread, I would definitely put one of the tools - either the SAK or the Leatherman - in the car or jacket for example. Also, I don't know if it is necessary to carry the Nano-Striker in the city. Your choices should depend on your daily environment, profession and other edc tasks. If you need the pliers a lot, I would just carry the LM in your kit and keep the SAK as backup somewhere else.
    swany66675 likes this.

StonePaw Loaded Pockets

Thanks a lot for your feedback :)

You are right - a Multitool and a SAK might be a bit of an overkill, I've already thought about that as well but I guess sometimes you just need to hear it from someone else :D I am using the Leatherman 9 times out of 10 so the decision should be easy - but it's not :nah_disagree: While I prefer the LM for its pliers, bits and miniature screwdriver and do like the other tools on it for working tasks as well, I still don't want to miss the blade (for food!), scissors (better as the LM ones), corkscrew and tweezers of the SAK. Hmh, maybe I just buy a SAK with less functions to reduce weight?

And as for the firestriker: of course you're right as well, living in a metropolitan region I will hardly ever use it - I just love playing with it :p

I guess I will ditch the small photon light instead of the firestriker - it is made of metal and really heavy for such a small thing and I have a flashlight anyways.

I am also thinking about downsizing the sewing kit: I put it together once for traveling so it has some stuff in it that is useful while you are abroad but which is hardly ever needed on a daily base. For example: it contains nails and other things to mount mosquito nets - I never needed something of this while in country and I don't EDC a hammer anyways (I really thought about it though) :D
    swany66675 and Norse Scots like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fukurai EDC Junkie!!!!!

That's an impressive kit. As Lynx already said, SAK and LM might be a bit overkill. Depending on where you live you might check out muji for a small sewing kit. I carry one, so check out my EDC thread, it should be right on the first page.
    OT: I just imagined your male date asks you what you carry in your purse. Then you show him your survival kit, I want to see that face :p
    StonePaw and batteur like this.

StonePaw Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the feedback :) I'm already looking for a smaller SAK (darn this forum :p )
    I am just not strong enough to go completely without a SAK :help:

LOL :bounce: The Fatty is part of my bulky work edc and sure as hell I wouldn't bring this purse to a date :frantic:
    But almost all of my colleagues are male - and those I have impressed / shocked a couple of times for sure :uhhuh:

mole EDC Junkie!!!!!

gentlemen, wearing too much knives/multitools is never considered "overkill";)maybe really prepared, but overkill, never. :bounce:
    Fukurai and StonePaw like this.

StonePaw Loaded Pockets

I've been shopping for groceries today and 'unfortunately' came across the thursday offers... I swear I wasn't planning on buying a flashlight :eek:

My cat seems to like it :p

[IMG]
    New.Flashlight von StonePaw auf Flickr

I've been looking for a better flashlight for my car anyway and this one does fit the bill :D
    It is made of aluminium, looks pretty sturdy, well designed even inside and is really bright (of course I am no expert for flashlights but I've compared it with my eagletac). It is even tactical (high/medium/SOS output) - all for just 10€ :cool:

Please don't pick on me for buying a no-name flashlight :hot:
    Last edited by StonePaw, Dec 11, 2012

mole EDC Junkie!!!!!

no picking here. thats a so called c30. and that is indeed a very nice budget light. you´ll like it, i carry mine since a year and a half and its a great little light.
    StonePaw likes this.

StonePaw Loaded Pockets

Every now and then I come across something that makes my guts scream BUY IT! while my brain keeps listing all the good reasons not to do so... usually my guts win :p

This time the dissonance in my karma has been created by a Byrds Wings double-bladed knife. It might be one of the cheaper knives but I really like it :bounce:

[IMG]
    Byrd1 von StonePaw auf Flickr

[IMG]
    Byrd2 von StonePaw auf Flickr

[IMG]
    Byrd3 von StonePaw auf Flickr

Sadly I won't be able to edc it and it is condemned to live only in my house / garden :cry: While one handed locking blades are not forbidden in Germany they are not allowed either - german law is a little tricky at that point (at least I am confused how I could carry it legally - as far as I know it the term 'carry' is only defined for firearms and not for knives). My two LMs also have one handed locking blades but I am somehow convinced that I wouldn't get any trouble with a multi-tool as long as it is buried in its sheath in my purse (because nobody would consider it a weapon.... hopefully) :hot:

The Byrd just don't look that innocent... If I am mistaken - please let me know :help:

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

Cornholio2188, StonePaw and Fukurai like this.

mole EDC Junkie!!!!!

but will policemen really stop you and go through your bag to see wether you have a "dangerous" knife with you? why would they do so?
    i live in austria, and apparently, this is knife-heaven. no one ever checked my bags (except on airports).
    and i remember carrying my new clayymore home in public transport (as well as my bathlet a few years later) and no one would even look. cops walked by, smiled and said:" thats what i call a knife...!"
    Take2, Norse Scots, tomsk and 3 others like this.

StonePaw Loaded Pockets

Hey, my purse is that bulky - maybe no one would event notice if I would carry a safe :rofl:
    I like chapter 3 'Brauchtumspflege' - I just have to come up with something clever and everything will be fine <lol>

Yeah, I've seen that one too - but I liked the all-black scales more :p Like I said: it's been a gut decision :cool:

Germany isn't that bad - in fact I have never been searched by police up to now (I don't look very dangerous :p). I just don't want to risk any conflicts and rather be a law-abiding citizien :rofl: But I have been searched often by security staff and it wasn't only the hassle at airports but also at rock concerts, festivals and even at the cinema. Have you ever been to Disneyland Paris? Try it! I've been there this year and they are as thoroughly as the airport freaks plus you have military patrolling all over outside the park.... :ninja:
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fukurai EDC Junkie!!!!!

I had the military patrolling at a local Buling-Buling celebration. Was kinda funny, but they just stand there and helped the police, nothing serious ;)

StonePaw Loaded Pockets

Military seems to be more common in Asia than in Europe. I have seen military nearly everywhere on my trips to Nepal and Indonesia.
    Norse Scots and Fukurai like this.

StonePaw Loaded Pockets

Like announced I have bought a 'smaller' SAK. The old one is a workchamp and the new one is an outrider. Here are they side by side:

[IMG]
    New.SAK1 von StonePaw auf Flickr

[IMG]

I am not that sure whether I have succeeded with 'downsizing' my kit :D

But I have some data to convince myself <lol>: the workchamp is 29mm thick and weighs 203g, the outrider is ONLY 21mm thick and weighs 133g :p Regarding the functions they are pretty much alike with only two exceptions: the outrider is missing the pliers and the metal-saw/file

So the outrider will go into my kit and the workchamp will go into my car to replace a cheap fake SAK :cool:

mole EDC Junkie!!!!!

very nice....
    StonePaw likes this.

jacobwilson99 Loaded Pockets

Dang, love your Multi-Purpose-Toolbox-Urban-Survival-First-Aid-Kit. Love the organization and variety of things you packed in!