1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Skinth Loadout Gallery

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by thePlumbah, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fabregas485 Loaded Pockets

thePlumbah Meowderator

Thanks for linking it here. I just saw it myself and didn't think of linking it.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gives me a chance to watch it again and again.
    Fukurai, SAKplumber and metropolicity like this.

phil_kelly Loaded Pockets

i NEED one of these.

metropolicity Loaded Pockets

So many people were requesting it.

I need to product a video of it in use next.
    • In Omnia Paratus

blueskies215 Loaded Pockets

I received my Skinth XL the other day and all I can say is that it exceeded my expectations. Here is my loadout.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    From left to right: Sharpie, 4 in 1 Screwdriver, Leatherman OHT, Kershaw Leek, Quark QPL PRO, Pocket Widgy, Derma safe knife, GT3 gear ties, zip ties, 2x Kingston DTSE9
    viix, Fukurai, metropolicity and 7 others like this.

thePlumbah Meowderator

Out of curiosity, I wanted to see what you thought of the workmanship?

I think the workmanship is great and the whole thing feels very sturdy. Mine isn't cosmetically flawless, but I think that's because it was made by hand and not in a factory. After reading this thread and some of the other reviews I though that people might be boasting a little bit when discussing the quality, but actually holding it makes me agree with with others were saying.

I'll say that I think it was definitely worth the money and I foresee myself buying a couple more Skinths in the future.
    SAKplumber, metropolicity and stax like this.
  1. I want a skinth catch all......

72hours Loaded Pockets

I went one size smaller, the catch all might be amite big for me to carry on my belt. Can't wait to pack it....
    • In Omnia Paratus

I already started buying new stuff for my skinth, even though it has another couple of weeks :p
    • In Omnia Paratus

Thanks for the 5 likes fukurai xD
    Fukurai and SAKplumber like this.
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

Good thing I have already ordered my Skinth. The video makes me want another one (but I don't own that much stuff! says the wallet) and mine has shipped. Only problem is, canadapost.ca and usps.com both will not display any tracking info. :( It's giving me package anxiety! Unless it's still in the shop, I would prefer it to be there than wandering in limbo.

Being that today is a holiday, and Monday is the observed, the mail will not be delivered until Tuesday. Oh, the horror! And no, I don't want to go back to work Tuesday.

Attempting to stay on-topic: As per the above, simply can't wait to receive my Skinth and start stuffing it with semi-useful tools! :frantic:
    Fukurai, metropolicity and SAKplumber like this.
  2. I need one for my galaxy s2 and a leatherman surge with bit kit lenslight flashlight and a blade.

Cornholio2188 Loaded Pockets

Tell me about it!! finally got a lamy tipo rollerball in lime "zombie" green, and some crazy surprise keychain from etsy-which will be revealed later. It's really not that crazy-but i'm gona make it seem like it is! gecko green paracord and some other stuff!

thePlumbah Meowderator

SKINTHS
    Gotta catch'em all!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    nuphoria, Fukurai, stax and 9 others like this.

I received my Skinth Magnum at the same time as my Skinth XL, but it took me a little longer to load it out. I wanted to share because my loadout is a bit of the deviation from the norm and I hope that its ok to post in a forum dedicated more to multi tools and such. Here is my loadout:

[IMG]

[IMG]

From left to right: Spare tube, Paragon machine Works 15mm wrench/bottle opener, Innovations tire inflator, tire levers, various hex wrenches, 2x cr2032 batteries for bike lights, patch kit, schrader to presta adapter.

The reason I decided to get a Skinth for this task instead of a typical saddle bag is that I live in a city and can't leave anything attached to my bike without fear of getting it stolen. The Magnum works well in that it can strap to my belt, but isn't a fanny pack. It also works as a saddle bag, although I needed a small clip to attach it securely.

I don't think I'll use this much this winter, but in the summer time when it is hot out and I don't feel like carrying a backpack it will be perfect.
    nuphoria, Fukurai, stax and 7 others like this.

thePlumbah Meowderator

Thats COOL! Nicely done, blueskies! This is the first set up I've seen that has tools dedicated to a particular use. I mean, other than technical service:)
    Fukurai and blueskies215 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.