1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Skinth Loadout Gallery

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by thePlumbah, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fabregas485 Loaded Pockets

thePlumbah Meowderator

Thanks for linking it here. I just saw it myself and didn't think of linking it.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gives me a chance to watch it again and again.
    Fukurai, SAKplumber and metropolicity like this.
    • +1 Supporter

gear_queer Loaded Pockets

i NEED one of these.
    • +2 Supporter

metropolicity Loaded Pockets

So many people were requesting it.

I need to product a video of it in use next.
    • In Omnia Paratus

blueskies215 Loaded Pockets

I received my Skinth XL the other day and all I can say is that it exceeded my expectations. Here is my loadout.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    From left to right: Sharpie, 4 in 1 Screwdriver, Leatherman OHT, Kershaw Leek, Quark QPL PRO, Pocket Widgy, Derma safe knife, GT3 gear ties, zip ties, 2x Kingston DTSE9
    viix, Fukurai, metropolicity and 7 others like this.

thePlumbah Meowderator

Out of curiosity, I wanted to see what you thought of the workmanship?

I think the workmanship is great and the whole thing feels very sturdy. Mine isn't cosmetically flawless, but I think that's because it was made by hand and not in a factory. After reading this thread and some of the other reviews I though that people might be boasting a little bit when discussing the quality, but actually holding it makes me agree with with others were saying.

I'll say that I think it was definitely worth the money and I foresee myself buying a couple more Skinths in the future.
    SAKplumber, metropolicity and stax like this.
  1. I want a skinth catch all......

72hours Loaded Pockets

I went one size smaller, the catch all might be amite big for me to carry on my belt. Can't wait to pack it....
    • In Omnia Paratus

I already started buying new stuff for my skinth, even though it has another couple of weeks :p
    • In Omnia Paratus

Thanks for the 5 likes fukurai xD
    Fukurai and SAKplumber like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

Good thing I have already ordered my Skinth. The video makes me want another one (but I don't own that much stuff! says the wallet) and mine has shipped. Only problem is, canadapost.ca and usps.com both will not display any tracking info. :( It's giving me package anxiety! Unless it's still in the shop, I would prefer it to be there than wandering in limbo.

Being that today is a holiday, and Monday is the observed, the mail will not be delivered until Tuesday. Oh, the horror! And no, I don't want to go back to work Tuesday.

Attempting to stay on-topic: As per the above, simply can't wait to receive my Skinth and start stuffing it with semi-useful tools! :frantic:
    Fukurai, metropolicity and SAKplumber like this.
  2. I need one for my galaxy s2 and a leatherman surge with bit kit lenslight flashlight and a blade.

Cornholio2188 Loaded Pockets

Tell me about it!! finally got a lamy tipo rollerball in lime "zombie" green, and some crazy surprise keychain from etsy-which will be revealed later. It's really not that crazy-but i'm gona make it seem like it is! gecko green paracord and some other stuff!

thePlumbah Meowderator

SKINTHS
    Gotta catch'em all!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    nuphoria, Fukurai, stax and 9 others like this.

I received my Skinth Magnum at the same time as my Skinth XL, but it took me a little longer to load it out. I wanted to share because my loadout is a bit of the deviation from the norm and I hope that its ok to post in a forum dedicated more to multi tools and such. Here is my loadout:

[IMG]

[IMG]

From left to right: Spare tube, Paragon machine Works 15mm wrench/bottle opener, Innovations tire inflator, tire levers, various hex wrenches, 2x cr2032 batteries for bike lights, patch kit, schrader to presta adapter.

The reason I decided to get a Skinth for this task instead of a typical saddle bag is that I live in a city and can't leave anything attached to my bike without fear of getting it stolen. The Magnum works well in that it can strap to my belt, but isn't a fanny pack. It also works as a saddle bag, although I needed a small clip to attach it securely.

I don't think I'll use this much this winter, but in the summer time when it is hot out and I don't feel like carrying a backpack it will be perfect.
    nuphoria, Fukurai, stax and 7 others like this.

thePlumbah Meowderator

Thats COOL! Nicely done, blueskies! This is the first set up I've seen that has tools dedicated to a particular use. I mean, other than technical service:)
    Fukurai and blueskies215 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.