1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Sebenza Knock-off..

Discussion in 'Knives' started by danbo27, Mar 6, 2012.

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

jcc Banned

Please. Do you think that a company that simply copies the design of another company is going produce a superior, or even similar product, but also to have the integrity to to pull products that don't meet quality standards? Save your money and just get an ACTUAL Sebenza if you want, better that than wasting half the cost on this piece of junk.

jzmtl Loaded Pockets

Lol, you should've known better than posting that here, or admitting you want one. Now watch the villagers coming at you with pitchforks and torches.

gstojinovic Loaded Pockets

lol

blacmud8 Loaded Pockets

What jzmtl said, but I wouldn't spend that much money on that anyway so what do I know. If you want it, go for it.

danbo27 Loaded Pockets

I don't get it? I said it's a "knock-off" ..which means imitation..which equals cheaper.
    You kids act like I'm pushing "Crack" on ya! TFM! I'm done with you....

jcc Banned

Sorry your emotions got hurt by my opinion.

Take care.

jzmtl Loaded Pockets

Remember this is the same forum with fanatics who cried bloody murder on every one piece keychain tool made being knock off of atwood because they have a bottle opener, despite the genre has been made for over 100 years. Now what did you expect with an almost exact replica.

ATF Loaded Pockets

If the knock-off was $10 I could understand wanting to try it out, but at $140 that'd be a complete and utter waste of money.

Rule .308 Empty Pockets

Good looking knife, too bad it is a blatant ripoff. Can't blame you for wanting one though

Six String Loaded Pockets

If you're going to dump on this guy because the knife he expressed interest in looks a little too much like a Sebenza for your taste, then you also have to ***** about the SRM 710, Laconico custom and AG Russell Acies all of which are uncomfortably close to the Sebenza in the looks department. I found these in 5 minutes with Google. No doubt there's many more. As for it being a cheap piece of junk, how many of you have held it or even seen it in person. Sheesh.

jcc Banned

I've held a SRM 710, and I actually still own it. It's worth the price paid, plus a little extra, but it didn't cost $140USD / $141CAD, either.

That's not the point. The point is, it also looks a lot like a Sebenza. Where's the outrage over it being a "Sebenza knock-off"?

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

That much for a knock-off??

Better off buying the real thing and not supporting some jerk trying to make a lot more than a fast buck off of Mr. Reeve's creation.

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

I refuse to buy an SRM 710. I make no bones about it. I don't shout it from a mountain-top either though.

Viewed from across the room, the last one I'd think was a Sebenza is the first one, the Canadian knife that started this whole thing. Enough said.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

jcc Banned

There's plenty of outrage against the SRM, but it is less of a Sebenza than the particular knife linked to is Sebenza. Yet somehow an SRM 710 is 1/20th of the cost of this knife. Begs the question, what makes this copy worth the difference in since they're both fake? Pakistani damascus? For the record, I never expressed outrage over this being a copy, I expressed negativity towards the extreme price of such a cheap object (especially since the design is such a blatant copy).

I think you just did.

Dude, you contradict yourself in the same sentence!