1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Review: Guy Vialis, "Le Sauveterre"

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by schmalhaus, Jun 14, 2012.

schmalhaus Loaded Pockets

Stefan
    gstojinovic likes this.

Lightnig Loaded Pockets

as usual, great video with very good and relevant comments, thanks for sharing.

And I liked the bit of interesting history too. I often hear about German, English, or Japanese cutlery history, but very seldom from anywhere else despite some rich history from many other areas.

You compared three different knives at one point there ( at 3:17 in the vid), but failed to catch the names. When laid on the table, it was the one furthest from the viewer that caught my eye. What is that knife please?

Thanks

gstojinovic Loaded Pockets

Awesome as always!! Really enjoy your reviews!! :D

schmalhaus Loaded Pockets

It's "Le Grand Cru" by Chambriard. It's basically the same knife as Chambriard's "Le Compagnon" but with a corkscrew. There are videos on both knives on my YouTube channel:

Stefan
    Lightnig and gstojinovic like this.

gstojinovic Loaded Pockets

Man you hit my weak spot!! :D

Kombi Loaded Pockets

Once again, another great review. :)

However, I was immediately drawn to the "Le Compagnon" knife. It's just such a classy looking knife and the detail work is fantastic. I believe this will be another for the wish list.

You had me sold on the Juniper handles, but after looking around I can't find them available. I'm guessing your review had some hand in that. ;)
    Last edited by Kombi, Jun 14, 2012
    • Administrator

xbanker Ad Hoc Admin

Stefan - I have to ask. What is your selection criteria for knife reviews? I'm always struck by the fact you don't follow the well-traveled road of other folks who post knife reviews. I see knives I likely wouldn't know existed in some cases were it not for your reviews.
    Lightnig likes this.

Lightnig Loaded Pockets

Perfect!

Thank you sir :)