1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Pics Of your edc Bag! Part 2

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Dr Jekell, Jun 21, 2012.

• In Omnia Paratus

Black Helmet Loaded Pockets

I really like my MOAB10, but these maxped designs are really frowing on me the more I see of them. Especially the water bottle pouch. Would a Sitka or a Kodiak be most comparable?

IzzyJG99 Loaded Pockets

Sitka would be closer to the Moab 10's size. I had a Sitka, sold it and upgraded to a Kodiak because I needed more room. The Kodiak really is a whole heck of a lot bigger than the Sitka. It's even bigger than the Falcon II.
    Fukurai and Black Helmet like this.

WanderingFool Loaded Pockets

The falcon 2 has 3 layers of pockets and technically has more room, but the Kodiak is a little wider and taller so it looks bigger when comparing them side by side unloaded. I just got my Kodiak last week and compared it to a Falcon 2 at the shop. If I remember correctly the Falcon 2 is 1600 cubic inches and the Kodiak is 1100 cubic inches.

WF

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Black Helmet likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Black Helmet Loaded Pockets

Any feelings on which has better pocket layout?

IzzyJG99 Loaded Pockets

Between the Sitka and Kodiak? It's largely identical, with a few additions in the larger Kodiak. They're all largely meant to be access when the bag is sideways, which some find annoying.
    • +2 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

goosefacer Loaded Pockets

Here is what I grab 85% of the time I take a bag (don't usually need much)
    [IMG]

Big EDC
    [IMG]
    BrianEDC and Fukurai like this.

WanderingFool Loaded Pockets

Like Izzy said the Kodiak is a gearslinger so the pockets are designed so you can access from side while wearing the bag. You can still access from top with the bag off but they do not open fully with the bag sitting upright. The Falcon 2 is a backpack style so the pockets are made to access with the Bag off.

Here is a video showing the Falcon 2

and one for the Kodiak

WF
    Black Helmet likes this.

medic2807 Loaded Pockets

[IMG]

My newest incarnation: Malaga, M1, Janus combo. Tactical? Yes. Not out of the ordinary where I come from.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
    bzimmerly likes this.

J4C3 Loaded Pockets

looks good

nine204 Loaded Pockets

Tasmanian Tiger Essential pack. W/ MaxP cocoon pouch. I like using grimlocs as keepers. Great small pack!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

6 Liters? Awwwww, that's so cute. :)
    SAKplumber likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

Not everyone wants to EDC a 30L bag.

Dooku77 Loaded Pockets

I should have gotten this color instead of the black.
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

True, but the pockets in my Cargo pants carry more than that bag.

BTW, I wasn't being sarcastic. It is a cute bag... and it has to be called cute because babies are cute and they are both about the same size.
    Norse Scots, SAKplumber and bigguy02 like this.

BrianEDC Loaded Pockets

On a coffee break mid afternoon on a stormy evening before Christmas Eve. Lots of errands, shopping, rain ... Bag came with me everywhere (to avoid returning to a smash n grab job on the truck.

[IMG]

Flip-top bottle holder molle'd to the right side. The wallet is my Haz4 iwallet (my EDC).

nine204 Loaded Pockets

I was thinking more along the lines of adorable.

I was EDC'ing my Falcon II to work, but after a while it was unnecessary with the amount of things I had in it. Iphone cords/spare batteries, fenix LD25, Brunton Helios, leatherman wave, thermo blanet, oakley flak jackets in hard case, first aidy stuff and pills in cocoon pouch. Throw in a few snacks and strap gloves and goretex pants on the outside as needed. It's a FANTASTIC little pack for the money.
    TARFU likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

I like the Wayland Corp patch.
    thwippa likes this.

replicant Empty Pockets

just a heads up (this probably isn't the right place, but since there have been several sitka owners posting up, figured i'd throw this in there).. i received my sitka today, and it does indeed fit a 15" macbook pro retina as you'd expect (especially since the maxpedition guys made a video of the non-retina macbook pro fitting in there). my biggest problem with it (as many of you that have owned a sitka and moved up in size), is that it is ULTRA packed in with that laptop in there, including all of the usual edc/survival gear, tech gadgets, cables/cords. i'm going to return it and stick to my northface surge for a while longer. i'll get a pic together of the TNF surge and the contents pronto.

just wanted to get my 2 cents in on the sitka (since it may help others who are trying to decide whether or not to get a sitka for their 15" MBPr's.

cheers.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gryffin Loaded Pockets

In the main compartment, or the padded back pocket? I'm assuming the former.

I've had my eye on the Sitka S-Type for a long time, but I've always wished it was just a skosh wider. My laptop is now a 13" MacBook Air, which is about ½" wider than the bag is specced (MBA 8.9", Sitka 8.5" sez Maxped), and while I know the main compartment has enough "give" to fit, I don't like the idea of carrying it unpadded. Even worse, I typically carry some US-letter-size file folders, which are almost an inch wider than the bag (9.3" or so).

toemke Loaded Pockets

Finally got my Rush 24 for Christmas!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]