1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Pics Of your edc Bag! Part 2

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Dr Jekell, Jun 21, 2012.

Revi138 Loaded Pockets

I also want a mongo, thinking I might trade in my maxpud attaché case which is not really my style

Thomas Mark Loaded Pockets

Mongo is more EDC worthy, The attache is more a work/EDC, don't get me wrong i LOVE the attache. Reminds me of dexters bag in Dexter.

bigguy02 Loaded Pockets

In its native habitat.

[IMG]
    Fukurai and TARFU like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

Current EDC pack:
    [IMG]
    Moab 6, Tactical Tailor collapsible dump on the left, TT Enhanced Admin on the front.
    [IMG]
    It seems a little thick, but it is a nice cube.
    Black Helmet and e2dwml like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gryffin Loaded Pockets

OK, so this is me replying to myself...

Follow-up on the Malaga: the size and weight were good for a summer EDC bag, but I was eventually a bit disappointed.

When I said it "barely fit my usual file folders" I wasn't kidding, it was a little too tight of a fit, the corners of the folders got pretty beat up. I kept finding myself wishing the bag was even a half inch taller and wider.

The design is ambidextrous, unlike the Sitka and Kodiak, and I eventually came to appreciate the virtues of a "properly handed" bag. I'm right handed, but prefer to carry weak-side (i.e, lefty); the strap on my Kodiak S-Type is curved and canted and off-centerline, and is very comfortable; the straight, centered strap of the Malaga tends to dig into my neck on anything more than the lightest loads; the ambi design causes the strap to want to pul to the center.

Also, all the outer pockets open from the top, unlike the side-opening zips on the Kodiak S-Type, which makes it a bit more difficult to get onto the outer pockets when I'm in a hurry. Worse, the top outer pocket doesn't have a double-ended zipper, so when I swing the bag to the front, I have to open that pocket from the bottom, which occasionally means contents falling out; never had that problem with the S-Type.

The lower outside pocket is also a bit hard to open; there's very little room between it and the top pocket, and if the top pocket is at all full, it's hard to unzip the lower pocket, and sometimes difficult to get to the contents inside. Even an extra half inch of space would do wonders.

All in all, it's still a good bag, but with just enough annoyances to irritate over the long haul. Now that the weather is colder, I've gone back to my Operator Attaché for now, but I might dig out the Kodiak again. It's overkill for my work EDC load, but it's comfortable, has easy access, and superb internal organization.

Or, there's that Hazard4 Sherman coming out… That bag's got some real potential. Hopefully they sent one to TARFU for review. ;)
    Greenjeans, nuphoria and BrianEDC like this.

e2dwml Loaded Pockets

Lookin' good!!

BrianEDC Loaded Pockets

Hugely informative - thanks for taking the time to post a thorough after-report on the use of it.

e2dwml Loaded Pockets

Here's mine! It's the perfect size for me! I love it!
    [IMG]
    My PF II sportin' some purple goodness :D
    Fukurai likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Black Helmet Loaded Pockets

Jail??

bigguy02 Loaded Pockets

Yep

Schuey2002 Loaded Pockets

^^^ What bag is that?

Ciclope Loaded Pockets

I think it's a Rush24

bigguy02 Loaded Pockets

Yes it is, Gen 1.

Coolidge Loaded Pockets

My Maxpedition Lunada with a Janus, monkey combat admin and a 4.5 x 6 padded pouch in foliage green! [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Ciclope Loaded Pockets

Nice, i like it!

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

Stupid Allergy patch for the win! :D
    SurvivePenna likes this.
    • +1 Supporter

antman157 Loaded Pockets

Sweet!! Do you have a load out of your bag???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coup de Grace BST/Marketplace ban

Coolidge Loaded Pockets

I'll try to put a pic up of my load out as soon as I can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Ciclope Loaded Pockets

My new Falcon 2, work in progress...
    [IMG]
    Last edited by Ciclope, Dec 14, 2012
    Ile, Dooku77, Zac S. and 2 others like this.