1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Pencil Sharpener question?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Jean, Dec 5, 2012.

Jean Loaded Pockets

Is there a term that describes the angle of the point the sharpener creates? I want to sharpen my pencils to a 45deg angle like a golf pencil or how the pre-sharpened ones are in the box, versus the ~60 deg angle that the regular sharpeners produce. Not sure how to search for this feature, or even how to identify the angle to which a sharpener cuts. Thanks.

RexHavoc Loaded Pockets

Merrib64 Loaded Pockets

I always thought that there were some pencil sharpeners that had an adjustment to them so that you could vary the
    angle of the point. If I am wrong I am quite sure that someone will correct me. Just do a search on Google or Bing
    and see what comes up. I would also give ASK a try.

Jean Loaded Pockets

Maybe this is it,
    http://www.artsupplywarehouse.com/prodDetail.php?id=19161

The keyword was "adjustable"

podus1 Loaded Pockets

The El Casco Model M430 has three different angle settings (adjustments). These are made in Spain. There's a glass window on top for watching the inner workings.

[IMG]

[IMG]

ecksdog Loaded Pockets

I'm sure if look hard enough on Jetpens you might find something that will work for you.