1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Pencil Sharpener question?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Jean, Dec 5, 2012.

Jean Loaded Pockets

Is there a term that describes the angle of the point the sharpener creates? I want to sharpen my pencils to a 45deg angle like a golf pencil or how the pre-sharpened ones are in the box, versus the ~60 deg angle that the regular sharpeners produce. Not sure how to search for this feature, or even how to identify the angle to which a sharpener cuts. Thanks.

RexHavoc Loaded Pockets

Merrib64 Loaded Pockets

I always thought that there were some pencil sharpeners that had an adjustment to them so that you could vary the
    angle of the point. If I am wrong I am quite sure that someone will correct me. Just do a search on Google or Bing
    and see what comes up. I would also give ASK a try.

Jean Loaded Pockets

Maybe this is it,
    http://www.artsupplywarehouse.com/prodDetail.php?id=19161

The keyword was "adjustable"

podus1 Loaded Pockets

The El Casco Model M430 has three different angle settings (adjustments). These are made in Spain. There's a glass window on top for watching the inner workings.

[IMG]

[IMG]

ecksdog Loaded Pockets

I'm sure if look hard enough on Jetpens you might find something that will work for you.