1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Options in the $350 range

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Scrub, Jul 28, 2012.

Brules Loaded Pockets

Scrub Loaded Pockets

Well I pulled the trigger (sic) on a CZ82 from SOG. It shipped on Friday and I picked up some ammo from Cabelas so fingers crossed!

Il Duce Loaded Pockets

Used Gen 3 G19

Scrub Loaded Pockets

I picked up my CZ82 this morning, looks to be in great shape. Mags are a pain to get the last 3 rounds in though.

In_The_Pitt Loaded Pockets

I've decided that from now on almost all of my pistols will fall in this price range or at least around $400. Looking at the Tri-Star C-100 9mm at Academy Sports for $349. I also like the Sig 2022, Ruger SR series, MetroArms .45 Tactical, S&W Shield and the Bersa Thunder 9 Pro. Lots of good guns around for not too much money.
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

Used Glocks fall in this range. Not as accurate as a 1911, but go bang every time.

blunto Loaded Pockets

If CCW is the goal, I really like the Smith and Wesson model 642 airweight in 38 special +p. You can get them at the big retail stores for $399 if you watch for sales, I think the regular price is $450. They are light, well built and easy to carry. There are NOT much fun to shoot a lot of rounds through. It's a bit of a wrist buster due to the light weight.

baja820 Loaded Pockets

My CM9 is a wonderful little gun.

[IMG]

I highly recommend you get one.

nw1911guy Loaded Pockets

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you (almost said sir.... My apologies) My experience shows Glocks to be about equal to standard production 1911s. And I'm no Glock fan, if my username is any indicator. Lol

Goju Loaded Pockets

My recommendation for 9mm would have been a used Kahr K9 or Sig 225 (P6), and in a revolver definately a Ruger LCR in .38sp
    Last edited by Goju, Nov 21, 2012

chrischoi Loaded Pockets

I'll jump on that SP2022.
    Saw the local shop was selling them for $329.99 new. DA/SA.

P250's are in that range, but I don't like the DAO.
    In_The_Pitt likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

I am a Glock Guy. I stand by my statement. But, most people's 1911's are not stock for long whereas a Glock (except cosmetically) is rarely modified beyond changing the trigger pull.

I believe the difference here is in that the Glock is designed to be dropped, buried, etc and still work, this requires a "Looser" fit. A 1911 has a closer tolerance (I understand you cannot simply swap parts from one to another, but that it takes some adjusting at times.)

I once tried a stock 1911 at the range (stock everything) to compare it to my Glock. The group was half the size, and I had never shot a 1911 before.

But let's not start that discussion here. (Strange though, a Glock Guy advocating for the 1911, and a 1911 Guy advocating for the Glock.)

nw1911guy Loaded Pockets

There is a certain irony lol

Scrub Loaded Pockets

I bought a CZ82 in 9mm Makarov and I love it. It was $240 to my door and I can get ammunition at the Cabelas near my house but it is as expensive as .40.

We were at the range the other day and I shot the Glock 23 that I almost bought from a friend and didn't enjoy it as much and it was going to cost me $100 more than my CZ.

I still love the 1911 and would love one one day but next up is a .22 AR15.
    ac7ss likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

I got to get me one of those. It would be a nice change-up from my Springfield XD45C.

baja820 Loaded Pockets

I probably shouldn't say this but I have put close to 500 rounds though that little Kahr and I have never cleaned or disassembled it and it has never jammed or misfired. Its just silky smooth.

Cornholio2188 Loaded Pockets

Also been looking at an RIA 45-just a sucker for 1911's...I've read around other forums that these 1911's are the best for the price-most reliable and accurate out of the box with little to no adjustment needed...but I have never shot one-wish more places around carried them.

I love shooting my Uncle's N frame I think it is....just use 45 ACP and I like shooting it even more than the 1911-which I love....it's just fun-and I kinda like the recoil!

YES! That's my next gun too!

Dream gun:

[IMG]