1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Opera lets EDCF look bad

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, and Suggestions' started by Fukurai, Nov 15, 2012.

• In Omnia Paratus

Fukurai EDC Junkie!!!!!

Hey ya'll,

currently I'm using Opera and since yesterday it doesn't want to show all the pictures.
    My Internet was down for two days and is now working again. Facebook isn't a problem, but on EDCF there are parts missing, pictures aren't shown. I checked other sites as well and the pictures are mostly missing, but only in Opera. Firefox hasn't have this issue so far.
    So my question to you, does anyone has the same problem and maybe even a solution? I don't want to change the browser, because Opera is quite nice.

Thanks
    Fukurai

p.s. to the mods: If this thread should belong to the electronic forum, please move it there. I just started here, because it's not EDC-related

p.p.s. if anybody finds a better thread title, feel welcome to tell it to me, I just couldn't figure out something better :D

thePlumbah Meowderator

Does it have settings that allows for blocking some things? I've known some wifi hot spots that weren't knife friendly;)
    Fukurai likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fukurai EDC Junkie!!!!!

Well, I didn't changed anything in the settings. It might be an issue with the network here, I'll ask the admin here. But also newspage images? It seems all pics are screwed up, but the one in FB. Very strange...

thePlumbah Meowderator

Hmmm. Beats me. I'm not 'puter-literate enough to know:)
    Fukurai likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fukurai EDC Junkie!!!!!

Ok, it really seems to be an Opera problem. FF is working slow, but at least showing all. Let's go troublehunting :D
    SAKplumber likes this.

shrap Loaded Pockets

Have you tried changing your Opera Turbo settings?

It's also possible that your connection is slower than normal and Opera just "gives up" earlier than other browsers.
    Fukurai likes this.

Kilted1 Loaded Pockets

I don't know anything about Opera but it could be you need to update your plugins like Flash Player and so on. When I'm at work I don't get half the pics since I lack the plugins for them.
    Fukurai likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fukurai EDC Junkie!!!!!

Opera Turbo is off, but that could be one point. The Admin said something about some kinda big problems, maybe FB just doesn't uses that heavy pics.

JPHing Loaded Pockets

I'm having the same probs with Opera mini on my phone.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fukurai EDC Junkie!!!!!

I updated Flash Player recently, but it's worth a try.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fukurai EDC Junkie!!!!!

Just made sure that FP is new, so installed it again, but nothing changed :(

Analog.Upload Loaded Pockets

opera user here ... and I am not having any issues.

I must state that my Opera has been bugging me to up date and have not clicked yes yet so ... maybe new version bug of some sort?

**note Opera user for ever and never had any major issues so possible fan boy take on the problem**

edit: running Opera 12.02 and going to click yes to Opera 12.10 ... see what happens

edit2: update complete and still not seeing any problems in the Opera browser with IMG loading.
    Last edited by Analog.Upload, Nov 16, 2012
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dr Jekell I had fun once, It was awful.

Have you tried emptying the cache, cookies etc & restarting your browser?
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fukurai EDC Junkie!!!!!

Just used CCleaner to get rid of all temporary content, still nothing better. I'll have to do more research, but my google-fu is bad today, IDK what to search for...:D
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fukurai EDC Junkie!!!!!

Actually I updated to 12.10 already at least last week. The problem appeared yesterday, so it could be something with the connection as well, still checking on this too.

Analog.Upload Loaded Pockets

everything seems good here via Opera ....

hate to not be able to help but Opera is [and has] always run great for me.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fukurai EDC Junkie!!!!!

yeah, I had once some issues with it, it was very slow, but it improved again. Now there are the pics missing...

Kilted1 Loaded Pockets

But Firefox is working...? So it has to be some problem with Opera. Did you do anything to it just before this started? Change some setting or something? Perhaps a complete un/re-install is in order.

shrap Loaded Pockets

Here's a possibility - maybe Opera is auto-downloading an update in the background, and it's massively slowing down your connection?
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dr Jekell I had fun once, It was awful.