1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Not getting alerts for new posts to watched threads

Discussion in 'Forum Functionality Issues' started by stax, Dec 17, 2012.

• In Omnia Paratus

stax Loaded Pockets

I have recently noticed that I don't always get an alert when new posts are added to threads I am watching. Sometimes I get an alert, sometimes I don't. Nothing to get worked up about, just an FYI.
    • +1 Supporter

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Same here.
    stax likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Black Helmet Loaded Pockets

Thought it was just me, like maybe I hadnt visited that thread recently enough or something?
    stax likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Lately, I'm getting Alerts to just threads I have been in. not emails, nothing special.
    stax likes this.
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

Not sure what is going on here. Unless it creates a real problem this will be looked at after the XenForo lawsuit.
    stax likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

stax Loaded Pockets

It can wait, Jon. No worries.
    • +1 Supporter

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Agreed. No big deal. It comes and goes. Recently, I've been getting all the e-mail notices (I think). A few weeks ago, it was hit or miss.
    • +1 Supporter

Ted Andkilde Loaded Pockets

I think it alerts you once, then waits for you to visit the thread before re-alerting you about new posts to avoid filling your inbox with multiple alerts.

Cheers, Ted
    • In Omnia Paratus

stax Loaded Pockets

^ no, it's not that kind of behavior, which I am use to. Recently, I frequently see threads that I am watching pop up on the What's New page w/o any corresponding alert.
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

It's happening to me, also, and I want it fixed NOW, dammit! (just kidding)