1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Not getting alerts for new posts to watched threads

Discussion in 'Forum Functionality Issues' started by stax, Dec 17, 2012.

• In Omnia Paratus

stax Loaded Pockets

I have recently noticed that I don't always get an alert when new posts are added to threads I am watching. Sometimes I get an alert, sometimes I don't. Nothing to get worked up about, just an FYI.

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Same here.
    stax likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Black Helmet Loaded Pockets

Thought it was just me, like maybe I hadnt visited that thread recently enough or something?
    stax likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Lately, I'm getting Alerts to just threads I have been in. not emails, nothing special.
    stax likes this.
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

Not sure what is going on here. Unless it creates a real problem this will be looked at after the XenForo lawsuit.
    stax likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

stax Loaded Pockets

It can wait, Jon. No worries.

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Agreed. No big deal. It comes and goes. Recently, I've been getting all the e-mail notices (I think). A few weeks ago, it was hit or miss.
    • +1 Supporter

Ted Andkilde Loaded Pockets

I think it alerts you once, then waits for you to visit the thread before re-alerting you about new posts to avoid filling your inbox with multiple alerts.

Cheers, Ted
    • In Omnia Paratus

stax Loaded Pockets

^ no, it's not that kind of behavior, which I am use to. Recently, I frequently see threads that I am watching pop up on the What's New page w/o any corresponding alert.
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

It's happening to me, also, and I want it fixed NOW, dammit! (just kidding)