1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

NME 1911 Titanium Bushing Wrench Bottle Opener with Hex.

Discussion in 'EDCF Forum Store' started by JonSidneyB, Nov 4, 2012.

• Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

There will be plenty for you. :)

jlagman Loaded Pockets

Rather than clutter the previous thread, I'd like to post my question here; does Ti mar the gun's finish? If not, count me in!

nw1911guy Loaded Pockets

With Stainless, hard chrome, or Ionbond, it's pretty unlikely. If it's bluing or so of the baked on finishes, it may. What gun and finish?

willydigger Loaded Pockets

Is there a pre-order where we can place the order now?

jlagman Loaded Pockets

It's a Remington 1911 R1 stainless, while not a to dollar 1911, I tend to baby it. Sounds good, if there are units left, count me in!
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

I don't want to take money on anything more than 30 days out.

JonM1911 Loaded Pockets

Is it too late to reserve 2? If not I'll take 2.

Jon ordered 50. So I think there is room for you. :D
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

There will be plenty at this point, I can always order more.

When I get the word they are less than 30 days out I will open it up.
    • +4 Supporter
    • +3 Supporter
    • +2 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

Lannister Loaded Pockets

Albeit late, I'm in...

Eamon Empty Pockets

Hey I registered just to say I'm in for 2 as well. Didn't get approved in time but w/e :)
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

I will start taking pre-orders on these Monday.
    EveryDayBeer likes this.

omegaonne Loaded Pockets

I'm in for 2

rockape Loaded Pockets

I'm in for 1

couch Loaded Pockets

Everyone, huge thanks for supporting Jon, the forum and my tools with this purchase.

I hope I don't step on anyones toes but I just want to let everyone know that was in on this preorder that there were some delays with mfg and I would like to personally apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. While they may not arrive in time for Christmas, they are on their way and will get to you very soon.

Again, I'm sorry for the delay.

-Ken
    hiljentaa likes this.

These things happen. Thanks for the update. Have a Merry Christmas. (btw, where are those carabiners? :D)
    • +2 Supporter

Ted Andkilde Loaded Pockets

A little JSB birdie sent me a shipped e-mail yesterday :)

Soulpyre Empty Pockets

Just received mine today and I really like it. One thing though, on the J.S. Burly store it shows and describes a tumbled/stonewash finish, but mine isn't and still has all the tooling marks. Was mine the only one like this?

EveryDayBeer reported the same thing. And that the hex is machined differently than the first. It was different than what I expected too. Stone washing is relatively easy to do though if you're bothered by it.

Can you post photos of your new one?

couch Loaded Pockets

The clearances on the hex were done larger due to using a slightly larger drill. We had to run thru the weekend and ran out of smaller drills like we used before.

As for the finish on the parts, I did stone wash them however not as long as the previous batches due to the rush. Previously I'd leave them in overnight to remove as many feedlines and edges as possible. This batch was roughly six hours.

If anyone is unhappy with the fit/finish please let me know and I'll take care of it. I really wanted an extra few days to go over them closely and tumble longer but there simply wasn't enough time.

This is the exact reason I do not like pre orders and will not participate in another. I appreciate any feedback both positive and negative. I hope this is understandable.

-Ken