1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

New knife time (again?)

Discussion in 'Knives' started by bleh, Jan 7, 2013.

Random Dan Loaded Pockets

• In Omnia Paratus

gibbsrule9 Loaded Pockets

Since yesterday I've been wanting a 4-bladed congress knife.

ecksdog Loaded Pockets

Why did you have to post this knife? I thought I was done buying knives for a few months. I gotta have one now.
    stax likes this.

sungame Loaded Pockets

Three different options:

• Victorinox Pioneer - so far the most useful pocket tool I've ever carried.
    • Buck Vantage Select small - not exactly pretty, but a lot of knife for the money.
    • Opinel #6 - the cheapest, lightest EDC folder out there.

Victorinox Pioneer:
    [IMG]
    darkSAKNETT by thesungame, on Flickr

Opinel #6:
    [IMG]
    Erasergirl and stax like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

MangeD700 EDC Junkie!!!!!

How about a Fällkniven TK 3 ? Got one myself, really nice pocketknife.

Edit: didnt notice the 50$ limit...

bleh Loaded Pockets

Man this is a tough one. I really dig the Case stuff, but now I'm having a hard time justifying somewhere between $65 and $100 for a case knife, when I could get a Damascus Mcusta frame lock for a small amount more from the forum store.

So I'm thinking about changing the requirements:
    • No nail nick knives, I really prefer thumb studs (actually I prefer opening holes, but those typically grow the blade too much for this application)
    • $40 or less (if it pushes $50+, I'll sell a few more things and go with the grail Mcusta.)
    • I'd really like a slim pocket clip to be available as well. My plan is to attach the knife to my wallet for a single swipe unloading of the pocket, and a pocket clip would make this easier.
    • It would be SUPER SWEET if the closed height of the knife was 1" or less. I think this is where a lot of the hold up is coming from.
    Does such a knife exist?
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

Boker Keycom maybe?
    Thumbstud, frame lock, pocket clip, costs under $20, not much bigger than a USB stick. AUS8 Steel takes a very sharp edge. Finger choil and jimping allow for a very secure grip for such a small knife.

Bought one from Jon through the EDCF Store and it has been in my pocket ever since. I got the one with the black blade, though I prefer the look of the steel blade myself:

[IMG]

Here's a picture of it with some of my other EDC stuff for you to get an idea of size:
    [IMG]

bleh Loaded Pockets

I've looked at those in the past, but could never really get an idea of scale. Thanks for the pic. Of course I don't have experience with any of the other items you pictured, so :unsure:. If that's a streamlight, it might actually be a little TOO small...

What are the overalls of the knife, with clip, closed? l,w,h?

bleh Loaded Pockets

Bah, screw it....

ALOX Electrician incoming!
    jnsn and sungame like this.

Random Dan Loaded Pockets

Nice, hope you enjoy it!

Toyman Loaded Pockets

• In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

Well, too late now, you're getting the Electrician (which is a nice knife, and it on my want list).

Yes, the smaller silver flashlight is a Streamlight Nano (one of the older models). The Boker Keycom is:

Closed length, 2 1/4", width (widest point) 13/16", thickness not including clip: 1/4", including clip, 7/16".

Blade length, 1 11/16", full lenngth when open: 3 3/4".

The larger knife at the bottom of the pic is a Kershaw Scallion, which is about the same general size as a Spyderco Dragonfly. The black flashlight is a Fenix E15, which takes a single C123 battery and is about 1.5 times as long as a C123.

bleh Loaded Pockets

It arrived yesterday, and I added a pocket clip this morning. I think it came out really nice, but we'll have to see how the threads hold over time. There is a copious amount of loctite blue both on the screws and the mating surfaces. if that fails, JB Weld, here I come.

Lanyard to come.

[IMG]
    jnsn likes this.

Erasergirl Loaded Pockets

I adore my Opinel, I have relegated it to the FOOD cutting duties.
    I have spent many happy hours using it to smear brie on torn bread.
    sungame likes this.