1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

New Guy in NC

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by WanderingFool, Dec 7, 2012.

saniterra Loaded Pockets

Welcome to the forums, WanderingFool. Asheville and environs are just about my favorite area of the state. I'm in Mebane, which lies astride I-85/40 and about half way between Durham and Greensboro. I'd rather be in Asheville.

WanderingFool Loaded Pockets

There is a 12 Bones over in Arden area that we go to pretty regularly. Have not been to the one in river district as I don't get to that part of town often. The last time I was down there we were going to stop but the line was out the door and around the building and there was no parking left at all. Maybe next time...

WF

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Pilgrimm likes this.

Pilgrimm Loaded Pockets

I go to that 12 bones just about every other week, I get the craving quite often for a pulled pork plate, macaroni and some cornbread washed down with Greenman or Pisgah.

Im over in the Fletcher area yet still make it downtown a couple times a week, usually go to the Bywater or the Wedge with a couple buddies on Wednesdays. Today I will be hitting up Brixx for some $1.95 drafts, I love me some good beer.
    6_String_Jams likes this.

Have you been to Moe's Original over by the Biltmore? They have a watermelon wheat I tryed a couple of weeks ago that is really good. You would not think so by the name.... And some really good fried catfish and greens.

WF

Pilgrimm likes this.
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

6_String_Jams Loaded Pockets

I have a photographer buddy that lives in Mebane. It's awesome to see some NC folks around here!

Pilgrimm Loaded Pockets

I have, yet only once, and that one time was ridiculously delicious. Would love to go back there sometime soon, every time I happen to pass by its packed, especially lunchtime. I remember when it was the Polar Ice Bar couple years back, and was there since forever so I hear.

Maybe we can grab a bite to eat sometime, talk or a beer or two sometime within the next couple weeks, some bbq is sounding insane right now.

saniterra Loaded Pockets

I don't know how long you've been in Asheville or if you've had the BBQ. My experience with BBQ there is that it most resembles tomato soup with pulled pork in it. If you want really good BBQ, you have to come down this way. Go too far east - I95 and beyond, the BBQ is so dry, vinegary and peppery that you have to grow up with it to like it. Mid-North Carolina has the perfect compromise.

I grew up in Texas and Memphis so the BBQ here is different than I am used to. I still go back to Memphis every now and then for some good BBQ. Last year I had my dad bring out several pounds of BBQ from my wife's favorite restaurant for her birthday.

WF

brayden Empty Pockets

hey 6-string, i've been to the one on sweeten creek rd. pretty darned good ribs. not as good as mine, of course. but hey, who's keeping score?
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

Welcome to the forums! No pictures? :( Oh boo... Moo is sad. Well, I look forward to your participation and whenever those photos come up. :p
    Cheers! :D

Byrdman Loaded Pockets

Definitely think we should do a NC get together and everyone bring their favorite BBQ.
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

6_String_Jams Loaded Pockets

I would be down with a NC meet 'n' greet.

brayden Empty Pockets

i'd prolly be in for that, work and wife permitting. (not necessarily in that order!)