1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Need a little help (Time issues).

Discussion in 'Member Guidelines & Announcements' started by JonSidneyB, Dec 15, 2012.

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

• In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd Loaded Pockets

Astonishing, I know. Still, there's hope. The judge could walk in, say "See you next week" and walk out again :)
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

Perhaps the Judge may miss his bus!? I'm just sayin'...you have connections, right?!
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd Loaded Pockets

You mean could I shut down the trolley power in San Francisco? Mayyyybeeeee....... :rolleyes:
    SAKplumber likes this.
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

We don't want it pushed back. It has been pushed back over and over again. The trial was supposed to happen long ago.
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd Loaded Pockets

True. Apparently IB caused delays by adding defendants whom they never served with summonses, then those defendants were stricken. This has added a whole year of delays. Beyond me why the judge would put up with crap like that.

Over and over it seems that IB's legal strategy is to dribble away XenForo's legal budget until they throw in the towel. (My opinion...I am not a lawyer.)

Here's hoping the judge has had enough of the antics...
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd Loaded Pockets

• In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

Some judges do back flips in order for there to be no reason to appeal/overturn their judgements. Judges have almost as many stats kept on them as baseball pitchers. Those numbers are looked at when they are considered for promotion. The really good judges don't care.

Sent by Owl Post
    kd7dvd likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd Loaded Pockets

Oh, wait, the court is in Los Angeles. No go. No one rides the bus in LA!
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

When this is all over and Xenforo has won the developers should return as well as there should be more updates to the software. I will not be able to jump on this right away as some of it will be time consuming and two parts will be expensive. The end of the lawsuit will mean that it will be possible to finish building the forum and fix some of the problems we have.
    SurvivePenna and SAKplumber like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd Loaded Pockets

The "official" word from the XenForo crowd is
    Which sounds like the judge has brought someone in to sort out the he-said-she-said. This also suggests the presiding judge is not warm to the idea of a full trial, but wants to cover himself when he puts an end to it all. (I am still not a lawyer.)
    SAKplumber likes this.

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

Maybe you missed your calling.
    Dapple and SAKplumber like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd Loaded Pockets

Yup. But don't assume that was an accident :)

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

Yeah... they don't let you take your knives into the courtroom. That makes it a profession I never want to have. ;)
    IMWILSON likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd Loaded Pockets

In my state, it's state law that the courthouse has to provide a secure place to let you check your weapons, at least.

Personally, I'd skip being a lawyer and go straight to being a judge. No one's gonna tell a judge what he can pack
    keith1234 and SAKplumber like this.

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

And keeping a bottle of bourbon under your bench just adds worldly charm. And no one's going to judge you for wearing a powdered wig because you're a judge, why wouldn't you wear a powdered wig?
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd Loaded Pockets

Next step in the Xenforo suit happens on 2/13, a settlement conference. It is unlikely that a settlement will happen, but the judge is calling the conference anyway to make any trial more appeal-resistant.
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

Thanks for keeping an eye on that:)
    billybag likes this.