1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Multiple EDC knives: why?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by jeffm, Apr 12, 2006.

Dok J Loaded Pockets

One for work (Vic Tinker or Rescue Tool or SE Tenacious) one for food (Taramundi slipjoint) one keychain folder (Vic Classic SD)... So that's three at a time :D
    Fukurai and SAKplumber like this.

EmberMike Loaded Pockets

A lot factors into how a person develops into who they are over 13 years. I don't think it's fair to say that about public schools.

Maybe if you're talking about kids who leave private school, go to public school, and then somehow change over a shorter number of years, the you'd have something there.

patrat Loaded Pockets

If multitools count, then I typically have 4 blades in 3 discreet tools, one of which is a dedicated knife.

LM Micra on keychain, LM wave in back pocket (2 blades on wave), and a Blackjack neck knife (which is great for food tasks, its easy to clean!)

Phyxiator Loaded Pockets

To some point, we're all knife guys, therefore we carry irrationally many knives. That's obvious, isn't it? :D

Personally, I usually carry 3 or more blades :D

• Vic Compact or Alox Bantam as primary utility blade
    • B+ Subcom in my wallet
    • Multitool (typically 1 blade)
    • fixed blade (Spyderco Street Beat or Pohl Force Charlie One)
    • another MT and heavy duty folder in the EDC bag
    That totals up to 6 blades at maximum. Not too shabby :D
    Fukurai and SAKplumber like this.

defuse kit Loaded Pockets

Lol, I have plenty of great reasons to carry multiple knives, but in my heart it's because I like carrying them :)
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

Honestly, I carry 3

My zt350 or a vic alox
    A charge alx
    And a vic classic or a Micra on my keys
    SAKplumber likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Lynx Loaded Pockets

I carry two knives on person most of the time.
    Currently, my Sebenza and a SAK.
    Fukurai, Vesp and SAKplumber like this.
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

Got a new Alox. Got the ALOX POX bad too. Got two "symptoms" in one day.
    But I'm here to say that, yes, even when I'm just at home siting around, I've got two knives on me...these two;)
    Thats right...I'm an EDCForum's Troublemaker! The new edition is the Sunset Orange Alox Troublemaker Edition #1 of 1 ;)

[IMG]
    Fukurai, Vesp, Dok J and 4 others like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Lynx Loaded Pockets

Congrats on your new Alox. That's one nice Farmer.
    SAKplumber likes this.

Windwolf Loaded Pockets

That's sweet. I have an Orange Alox Farmer coming in the mail. :) Mine doesn't say troublemaker, though. :nah_disagree:
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

I really like the Farmer too. However, now I foresee owning quite a few more;)
    Fukurai and mooshisho like this.

plumberroy Loaded Pockets

Always Red sak farmer Swiss army knives should be red:D and one of three other knives Cold steel pocket bushman when a fixed blade is frowned on I like it because it locks up strong thumbstud and pocket clip are reversable and is the easiest carrying big knife I have found outside of work the bushman gets replaced with a modded old hickory knife in a home made pocket sheath . If I am going to the woods I carry a condor rodan
    [IMG]
    Vesp likes this.
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

Wow. That sentence was a mouthful. ;)
    Bravo_Kilo, mrlysle, Fukurai and 3 others like this.

Revi138 Loaded Pockets

I believe there's a punctuation set for sale on B/S/T ;)

I always carry multiple sizes/profiles of blade, but never a large enough one for my taste due to prohibitive UK laws. But like any other tool, there's a right knife and a wrong knife for any given knife task. Same reason I don't own just one ring spanner :)

Rivertamer Loaded Pockets

I carry 2 .....the zt301 my wife gave me......don't use it much but it is my constant companion
    And I carry my zt550 as my daily cutter......performs all chores each day
    gibbsrule9 likes this.

sungame Loaded Pockets

I normally EDC just one blade. Either my little Leatherman Style CS or my late grandfather's old Vic Solo.

However, on occasion, I carry two blades in the form of a dedicated knife + a multi tool. Generally, the larger tool determine what I carry. I try to stick to large knife + small MT or vice versa. Also, on some trips to the backcountry I add a small fixed blade as a loaner for knifeless people in my group.
    Vesp and hatchetjack like this.

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

Typically one knife backed up with a pocket type tool. I don't subscribe to the "two is one, one is none" school.
    [IMG]
    Fukurai, mooshisho, BullRome and 2 others like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

MR24927 Loaded Pockets

Most defiantly agree

TheTomas Loaded Pockets

I carry my large Sebenza as well as a leatherman squirt ps4

[IMG]
    mrlysle, mud80, GrayMouser and 3 others like this.

deputy tom Loaded Pockets

I EDC a SAK Bijou for the scissors and opening snacks,etc. I also carry a Spyderco Endura for larger tasks. On weekends I'll add a multi-tool on my belt. Back in school days (1950's and 60's) every boy had a pocket knife. I had several different brands like Hammer brand, Colonial, Sabre, Case, Camilus,etc. Nobody got injured or threatened with knives back in those golden times.YMMV. tom.
    SAKplumber and Vesp like this.