1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Mini pry bars

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by 2die4, Jan 18, 2012.

• +2 Supporter

metropolicity Loaded Pockets

I have a pico on my keychain and I use it to open boxes all the time. It's been through about 15 airports with no problem either. I sharpened it a little bit once but I haven't ever since. Sometimes its nice to fly with just carry on and with the pico, no one can tell it's a little bit sharp and I don't need to check luggage if I don't have any sharps on me.

Schuey2002 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the heads-up on the Dasco small pry bars.

After searching google, I found these [Dasco 5-1/2" Mini Bars] for about $7.00 shipped. And unlike the CC pry bars, these ones are coated.. ;-)

[IMG]

ace19636 Loaded Pockets

Have a small one that stays in my pocket, I use it every other day. I work in the automotive shop and use it to save my knives and screwdrivers from abuse.

JonM1911 Loaded Pockets

Then I wouldn't even bother carrying a bag...I started maybe a month or so ago, and have used my riteinrain pad and pen once....and it wasn't raining. As for the OP, I use it every once in a while to open a stubborn computer or server case.

derailed Loaded Pockets

Bought a little pry bar (Stanley 'bout 6 inch) and a bigger Snap on one (fantastic quality!) the little one stays in my 'EDC tool bag', which is for work. The bigger one stays in the van. I can't bear using knives, screwdrivers etc for prying!
    It's a tool that's useful, but not everyday

Ludwell01 Loaded Pockets

I have a boker+ VOX Access tool which I've used more than I thought I would but could do without it if needed.

[IMG]

I tend not to carry it if I'm carrying my Vic Farmer as the large flathead driver is man enough for the kind of prying and scrapeing that the VOX will do... If I'm carrying a dedicated blade only knife then the pry tool is likely to be carried too.

Mostly I just really like having it to fiddle with.

hafpit Loaded Pockets

I have the Stanley too. It's always in my work bag and often in my pocket on the job. It fits where the hammer's claw will not.

Bolster Loaded Pockets

From Lowe's or Home Depot, or...?

For EDC I use an Atwood Ti Gasbaby, but honestly...I don't pry that much with it. It gets used as much to scrape, like a thumbnail substitute. And on air travel, the pointed tip of the bottle opener gets used to open plastic packages. Only once in a great while to open a bottle.

Schuey2002 Loaded Pockets

I didn't see them on Lowe's website. And over on Home Depot's website, it says that they are a "Store Exclusive".

So, I ended up ordered one from a website called Bic Warehouse. But they can be found on Amazon and Ebay for a little bit more.

DimGR Loaded Pockets

i have the longest version of this from CC , honestly i rarely use it

2die4 Loaded Pockets

I've been using mine as a box opener. Saves on the knife blade.

MatBlack Loaded Pockets

I finally used my mini pry-bar!!! One of my kids unwisely used a wastepaper basket as a step stool and the hinged lid was forced down into the can and the lid got wedged. The mini pry bar was the only tool that I could fit into the space and then pulled it back out.

Exciting times!
    [IMG]

dyril Loaded Pockets

Here's my mini pry bar I've been pocket-carrying for about a year.
    [IMG]
    More shots in album.

thePlumbah Meowderator

Now that made me lol.

thePlumbah Meowderator

How long is that, dyrl? I'm having trouble imagining clipping it in my pocket. Nice mod, though.

MatBlack Loaded Pockets

I'm livin' the dream.

dyril Loaded Pockets

Thanks. It's a 5" pry bar (McMaster-Carr SKU 6000A3) and tricky to carry without a clip. It's able to clip onto any pocket of a 5.11 taclite pant at least, but ideally on the thigh pockets IMO.

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

That is what I use my atwood for the most......oh, and beer.

Soup dragon Loaded Pockets

I have to confess I just do not get pry bars. Beyond being a fairly hefty bottle opener I do not think I have a need for one in my EDC.

Bolster Loaded Pockets

I think it's a niche need. I find when I'm painting, I use them constantly to open cans. Otherwise?... not so much.