1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Lum Tec anyone have one?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by rboate, Feb 5, 2012.

• +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

Bravo_Kilo Loaded Pockets

I've owned 4 different Lum-Tecs (B3, B13, M24 and Super Combat B2), and up to three at one time. They were all really nice watches, but the only one I still own the the Combat B3. Love this watch. I only wish it had a higher end movement that hacked, and was able to hand wind. Accuracy is very good however, and Lum-Tec offers free lifetime timing adjustments. Their customer service is also first class!

[IMG]

I will own another Super Combat B2 some day as well. I really miss the one I had. Awesome watch!

[IMG]

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Can any Lum-Tec owner please mention the height and weight of their watches?

For some odd reason, those numbers seem to be closely guarded secrets.

homebrw Loaded Pockets

I don't have one... I have 6 (with 2 more preordered). Addictive little buggers, but my first, a Combat B3 is still my fave. Check out some of th M-tungstens...virtually scratch proof!
    Chris

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

Oooh carbon face. Please delete these pictures right now!

(If anyone knows of a carbon faced watch with a ti bezel and tritium insrerts, gimme a shout eh?)

jcc Banned

Please add more, you say? I guess...

[IMG]
    Bravo_Kilo likes this.

e206 Loaded Pockets

Beautiful watches, guys!

SecretMember Loaded Pockets

*Drools* That is one beautiful watch.

jcc Banned

Thanks! I think so, too.

Luxmento Loaded Pockets

Lüm-Tec watches are great tools!

I'm a bull45 fan...those are my ones (lightly modded);

Cheers from spain!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Bravo_Kilo likes this.
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

Bravo_Kilo Loaded Pockets

They look great! The lumed logo and date windows are super sweet! I wish Lum-Tec did that at the factory.

Dafabricata Loaded Pockets

I'm going to bump this thread to ask for an update on owner opinions.
    So for all I've read is good things with regards to quality, & customer service.

I too am interested in weight....perticularly the weight of the titanium B1&B2 models over the stainless steel B17. Another concern I have is the 45mm size over the 43mm....is it very noticable? My wrist is in the 6.6-7" range so on the smaller side.(I'm short :)

I'm considering a purchase and as this will be my first watch purchase since I was like 7 and got a micky mouse watch from my Grandparents, I want to be sure I choose wisely.

The Bull 45 models 10 & 13 are also appealing but I'm almost certain will be look too big.
    Anyway, just thought I'd ask some fellow members opinions before dropping this amount on my first REAL watch.
    Thanks!

Red33 Loaded Pockets

I currently own a B16 and owned a B14. They are decent watches. I feel that they are slightly overpriced for what they are, but good watches none the less. The one thing I will say is in my experience, LT claims of lume are false. I have had several watches whose lume was brighter, and lasted longer than either of the LT models. It has been my experience that the lume is only readable for a couple of hours max. I ran several of my own "test" using various light sources, charging times, etc, and came to the conclussion that the longest I could easily read the time in total darkness with adjusted night vision, was 3 hours. Now I'm sure others will chime in saying they can read their LT all night, lume is great, that you could land a plane if the watch was on the runway, etc. , but that has not been the case for me. Not bashing, just giving my opinion.
    I feel that if they offered these with tritium tubes, it would be much better. I guess my bottom line is there are many other watches out there that are just as good quality with better features for equal or less cash.
    Now to address the question of weight and size, they are pretty big especially if you have a small wrist. My wrist is 7.25 and the watch is almost oversize looking on the wrist. But that seems to be the style today. I ordered the DLC band for mine and wore it 2 days before removing it due to the weight. Even with the basic NATO band, this is still a heavy watch.
    Hope this helps.
    Dafabricata likes this.

RobME Loaded Pockets

Good company. Excellent CS !!! I only have one... @ Red33, (with all due respect), your expectations of the brightness qualities of the lume on these watches is unrealistic. It's as good as it needs to be. The discontinued M25 I have is a pleasure to wear. A Tungsten Carbide model and very heavy, but nothing that one couldn't get used to. A ti or steel watch would be considerably lighter.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Dafabricata likes this.

Red33 Loaded Pockets

Not my expectation, it was other owners claim that lume would last all night.If you check reviews for these watches you will see multiple claims that the owners could clearly see the time 6 to 8 hours later after charging the watch for 30 seconds or so. They must have a different lume on their watch than I have on mine. When I inquired about it to LT, their reply was that it was not uncommon for it to last that long (all night). When I need to read my watch at night, I wear one of my Ball or Marathon with trits. I did not think it was unrealistic to expect it to last all night when the company rep told me it was not uncommon. Its a fine watch, but still overpriced for the type of movement. I was just trying to tell the OP to not be sold on any claims of extraordinary lume. I have also heard that the have wonderful customer service, but I feel if you sell a great product, customer service shouldnt enter into the equation. Just my opinion with no disrespect intended to anyone.

RobME Loaded Pockets

My apologies for any misunderstanding.

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

Finally decided to get one. Seems a logical progression from my mudman, my luminox....Now, question is which one. I'm torn between the Bull45 or the M35. If I'm going to have numbers on the face, I like the whole lot, not just 3,6,9,12......And the brushed steel/chrome look with black face and green lume. Lovely looking watches and not too badly priced if you shop around.