1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Key Hangers

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by lechuck, Jan 7, 2013.

lechuck Loaded Pockets

This is key chain related, hope it's not too off topic. I thought regular hooks were boring for holding keys, so I used some cabinet catches instead. So far they work really well, and even really heavy key chains don't jump out of them.

[IMG]

These are the hangers I used, I'm sure any similar hardware would do the job. Pretty cheap too, 0.93 each.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_233964-53458-RC60404-AC_0__?productId=1065317

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Neat idea. How much weight will those hold?
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

6_String_Jams Loaded Pockets

I can dig it....may give this a shot.

lechuck Loaded Pockets

I haven't done a real weight test. It holds all our keys plus my 'everything else' chain which has a half dozen keys, two LEDs, LM Style, half dozen rings, some other assorted stuff. I'll happily do a weight test when I get home, I'd be interested to know myself.
    kertap75 likes this.

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

Superb out of the box thinking :)
    karandras likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Oaklington Loaded Pockets

You think they could be used to hand shirts on clothes hangers? That would be cool :cool:

karandras Loaded Pockets

Lechuck> that's a cracking idea, might have to try that myself.

I like what you did there. LOL.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Hartigan EDC Junkie!!!

Great idea !! +1 :cool: Very cool.

lechuck Loaded Pockets

My overflow key chain weighs about 8 oz and it's been hanging solid for a week or two now. At 2lbs the lucky line cable just jumped out. Split ring barely held - easily dislodged by a bump. At 1.5lbs it felt a little more solid, the lucky line jumped out with a bump but the split ring was ok. Around 14 oz the lucky line stayed put with some jostling. I don't know if the springs will wear out much - I probably won't ever load them with much more than 10 or 12 oz.
    Oaklington and kertap75 like this.

Elder Futhark Loaded Pockets

Love that idea Lechuck!

Right now I am using a stainless steel knife magnetic strip from Ikea. Works perfect! And slick looking too :)