1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Key Hangers

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by lechuck, Jan 7, 2013.

lechuck Loaded Pockets

This is key chain related, hope it's not too off topic. I thought regular hooks were boring for holding keys, so I used some cabinet catches instead. So far they work really well, and even really heavy key chains don't jump out of them.

[IMG]

These are the hangers I used, I'm sure any similar hardware would do the job. Pretty cheap too, 0.93 each.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_233964-53458-RC60404-AC_0__?productId=1065317

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Neat idea. How much weight will those hold?
    • In Omnia Paratus

6_String_Jams Loaded Pockets

I can dig it....may give this a shot.

lechuck Loaded Pockets

I haven't done a real weight test. It holds all our keys plus my 'everything else' chain which has a half dozen keys, two LEDs, LM Style, half dozen rings, some other assorted stuff. I'll happily do a weight test when I get home, I'd be interested to know myself.
    kertap75 likes this.

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

Superb out of the box thinking :)
    karandras likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Oaklington Loaded Pockets

You think they could be used to hand shirts on clothes hangers? That would be cool :cool:

karandras Loaded Pockets

Lechuck> that's a cracking idea, might have to try that myself.

I like what you did there. LOL.
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

Hartigan EDC Junkie!!!

Great idea !! +1 :cool: Very cool.

lechuck Loaded Pockets

My overflow key chain weighs about 8 oz and it's been hanging solid for a week or two now. At 2lbs the lucky line cable just jumped out. Split ring barely held - easily dislodged by a bump. At 1.5lbs it felt a little more solid, the lucky line jumped out with a bump but the split ring was ok. Around 14 oz the lucky line stayed put with some jostling. I don't know if the springs will wear out much - I probably won't ever load them with much more than 10 or 12 oz.
    Oaklington and kertap75 like this.

Elder Futhark Loaded Pockets

Love that idea Lechuck!

Right now I am using a stainless steel knife magnetic strip from Ikea. Works perfect! And slick looking too :)