1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Internet Speed Programs

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by ran23, Jan 11, 2013.

• In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

What programs do you use to test your speed? I have a few, and they are all different. I think Speakeasy shows the fastest, 42.01 Mbps this afternoon.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Warfusion Loaded Pockets

Is that upload or download assuming download. I like speedtest.net pretty much never have slowdowns so I never need to check it often enough to use a program. Can't test right now I have my torrent server running and on a laptop but with everything running my laptop will get 14 mbps the desktop and server get about 30mbs. This is sucky optimum when I had Time Warner that was about 60 mbps I loved their service!
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

I was using Speedtest.net, but after a new 1 GB cable modem, it didn't show much of a change. (Charter here). AT&T has one that shows better speed. Speakeasy is basic, but usually faster. Of course my tests are thru a Cisco router feeding all the rooms in my house.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Warfusion Loaded Pockets

Speakeasy isn't that for iphone/ipad?
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

NOt sure, just did a search on my PC when my old modem was going bad. It is speakeasy.net
    Warfusion likes this.

Ogre Banned

• In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

wow, that is a screaming modem west coast.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Warfusion Loaded Pockets

Who is your provider is that fiber optic? I will order the service right now! lol
    Ogre likes this.

Ogre Banned

lol.......i can not tell a lie

im at work (texas)

and i work for the internet provider, so of course we have the best speed lol
    ran23 likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Warfusion Loaded Pockets

:censored:!!!! lol evil man should share that speed with the world!!! XD

Ogre Banned

hahahahaha! i dont even know what the connection is here.......its funny though because our computers are bogged down with so much crap that the internet doesn't seem fast. Seems faster at home, even though its only rated at like 20 or 30 mbps (same provider, and free!)
    Warfusion likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Wonder if that is T1 speed?
    • In Omnia Paratus

Synaptic Misfire Loaded Pockets

T1 lines are 1.5Mbps. BUT they are symmetrical, dedicated and guaranteed. They provide secure connections between locations and are generally not used for general internet connectivity these days.

Those speeds are more in line with an OC-3 connection, but since he works for an ISP it is safe to assume they got a much fatter pipe.