1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

In-pocket sheath suggestions, please

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by w2edv, Dec 16, 2012.

w2edv Loaded Pockets

Hi All,

I wear tac pants virtually every day and I'm looking for a better way to carry a pencil, a pen and my Brite Strike EPLI. Currently they are just clipped side by side in my right thigh cargo pocket. They click together when I walk, so I was hoping to find a lightweight sheath to put in my pocket. Ideally the sheath would have 3 slots, but I could go with just 2, and use the LH pocket for the flashlight. I'd like it to be light-weight, preferably black. Perhaps a sturdy nylon ( doesn't need to be 1000 denier :) ). Any ideas where I can find this? Natural leather is an option, but it's heavier than nylon.

Thanks for any suggestions!

thePlumbah Meowderator

Gnarly and Cornholio2188 like this.

w2edv Loaded Pockets

I was thinking simpler than skinth. My pant flaps use velcro. Im thinking an open-top sheath

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    • Administrator
    • +4 Supporter

xbanker Ad Hoc Admin

Have you considered a simple Kydex sheath? More rigid than nylon, but lightweight.
    Gnarly likes this.

thePlumbah Meowderator

Gnarly likes this.

thePlumbah Meowderator

jallison12 Loaded Pockets

SecretMember Loaded Pockets

Last edited by SecretMember, Dec 16, 2012

popedandy Loaded Pockets

The Skinth P3 works well for me in my side cargo pocket. I carry a pen, a penlight, and a Leatherman Sidekick.
    metropolicity and SAKplumber like this.

Cornholio2188 Loaded Pockets

ya-if you needed something simpler than the Skinth p3 there's also the p1. More complicated is the Jotter, which has a flap closure to hold moleskin-sized gear along with 4 external elastic straps to house quick access items-pens, knives, usb's etc.
    metropolicity likes this.
    • +1 Supporter

jag-engr Liberal Hall Monitor

I have a couple of DIY suggestions:

Tyvek holster:
    • use home-wrap Tyvek if you can source it easily, otherwise a Tyvek mailing envelope will work
    • use staples and/or adhesive envelope flaps to connect the pieces of Tyvek
    This will wear out eventually, but, by the time it does, you'll know exactly what you should have done differently. Once you settle on a configuration that works for you, you can always have a custom one done in leather or nylon.

Elastic band organizer:
    • idea borrowed from this battery organizer
    • use staples to secure elastic at desired intervals
    Based on my experience, as long as you don't make the elastic too tight, items can be removed from and replaced back into the organizer without taking the whole thing out of your pocket.
    xbanker likes this.

w2edv Loaded Pockets

Guys,

some good ideas here.... I'll look them over and then post. Thanks!

thePlumbah Meowderator

vegassprky and w2edv like this.

metropolicity Loaded Pockets

SAKplumber, vegassprky and KAMM like this.

w2edv Loaded Pockets

not sure about the Skinth. Seems a bit pricey for what is after all a pocket protector. I will continue to search
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Pockets

Best of luck on your search. Then come back and get a Skinth, love all of mine. Unless you can make it yourself any custom work will be $$.

w2edv Loaded Pockets

not sure, but came upon this

I would only need less than half the entire capacity shown; not quite sure of the quality, albeit much less expensive.

then I found this - black - but this costs more than the Skinth

hmmmm :twins:

Merrib64 Loaded Pockets

Make a small sheath to hang on your belt. That will keep your pen or pencil handy. I don't know how other
    people feel but keeping a pen in your pocket is asking for trouble, the pen could get damaged or destroyed.

w2edv Loaded Pockets

I actually haven't had an issues with clipping them to my RH cargo pocket. I would just like to store them more neatly and silently.