1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

I was lucky...

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by groovster, Dec 12, 2012.

groovster Loaded Pockets

http://www.kptv.com/story/20320068/clackamas-town-center-shooting

Short story: Lone Nut Case opens fire with a stolen AR-15 in a local mall (Clackamas Town Center, Oregon) yesterday. The :censored: killed two, injured one and took his own life.

I was supposed to get off work early to take my friend's girls shopping there for her Xmas gifts. I got stuck working overtime in an emergency job. I would have been right there at that time, with two teenage girls.

My heart goes out to the families of the victims.

Sent from my Samsung-stole-this-from-Apple device using Tapatalk 2.
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd EDC Junkie!!!!!

^ and by "Like" I mean "Eek!"

EDIT: 1000th post!!!!! :)
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Pockets

I liked because you're OK.
    goosefacer and SAKplumber like this.

groovster Loaded Pockets

Thanks.

• In Omnia Paratus

Fukurai Loaded Pockets

Glad to hear that you're ok. And very sorry for those who lost their beloved ones:cry:

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Glad to here that you are safe. I'll be praying for the recovery of all families involved
    • In Omnia Paratus

gibbsrule9 Loaded Pockets

That's the story I woke up to on CNN and I immediately thought of our Oregonian Members. Why do these whack-jobs feel the need to take innocent people with them?

groovster Loaded Pockets

I think it may have impacted the holiday shopping crowd. Despite that mall being closed for the investigation, the next closest mall was practically empty tonight.

Sure lots of security guards, though.

• +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

These comments are not meant to start an argument...they are simply the way I feel. Feel free to forget about it.

I just can't see why he let that gun make him do that. I am glad that in the end he put it to good use. I was relieved to know it was stolen, though. Otherwise the media would've run the story of how this kid with no criminal record got an "assault rifle" or "Semi-automatic rifle".
    My hats off to the first responders. My wife couldn't believe the order they had the scene under. I explained to her about the Triage tent and how the Ambulances were all ready...and what "active shooter" training was and how that is exactly what it was supposed to look like.
    Well done. Lets just hope no terrorist groups (he was a terrorist, you don't have to be Muslim to be one) ever try to pull another Mumbai style attack here. All of the first responders were busy in the first place...God forbid anyone uses that against us and hits several targets in sequence.
    Kilted1, Fukurai and SurvivePenna like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

gibbsrule9 Loaded Pockets

Hope I didn't rile you with what I wrote. I meant that my thoughts were with the safety of our Friends in Oregon. I also meant the shooter was unbalanced, not all Oregonians.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Azwaiian Loaded Pockets

Glad you're safe and my prayers to all the victims.
    Y.Tribe and SurvivePenna like this.
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SurvivePenna EDC Junkie!!!!!

+1 on that...
    Y.Tribe likes this.

Y.Tribe Loaded Pockets

Terrifying! So glad you're okay.
    Makes me thankful I have never been in a situation like that.
    Prayers go to the families :(
    SAKplumber likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

goosefacer Loaded Pockets

This.

nw1911guy Loaded Pockets

I can appreciate your thoughts. Several years ago there was incident at a mall in Tacoma, Washington. At the time I worked for an indoor firing range and was on my lunch break, complete with cocked and locked .45 on my hip. I was in the right hand turn lane getting ready to turn into the parking lot of the mall when a little voice in the back of my head said, "not today.Shortly after I got back to work, a customer came in and told me what was going on. One man was shot and paralyzed. He was the manager of the Excalibur Cutlery and was carrying a handgun but when he drew, he saw what he perceived to be a child and couldn't bring himself to fire. If I had been there, I'd have walked right into it.

Sent from left field using my telegraph

Windwolf Loaded Pockets

I live a few miles away from the town center and I have a Macy's gift card and I almost went there to use it on that day. Thankful I didn't. Thank the LORD. God be with those who were killed.
    keith1234 and SAKplumber like this.

jph0200 Loaded Pockets

Thank God, that you and your daughters were unharmed. Prayers for the families and friends of the victims
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

groovster Loaded Pockets

SAKplumber likes this.