1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

I made my dream EDC pocket organizer for $2.50 [How to]

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by MinimumEffort, Jan 12, 2013.

Here Comes The BOOM EDC Junkie!!!!!

Great video, well done [IMG]

I could see myself buying something like this for the right price. I'd be a little worried about the staples scratching metal items though, I would prefer an alternative personally.
    Cornholio2188 and MinimumEffort like this.

MinimumEffort Loaded Pockets

+1

Thinking stitching for vertical, velkro for horizontal (so you can adjust spaces to suit you)

Me
    keeper and Take2 like this.

Here Comes The BOOM EDC Junkie!!!!!

That would work, sounds like you've got it all figured out [IMG]
    MinimumEffort likes this.

O.J. Loaded Pockets

Great stuff, thanks for the video.

Am considering making something similar but with snaps on the elastic so it's reconfigurable. Not sure how buttons will hold on elastic though. To be continued..

Perigee Loaded Pockets

Very nifty - I'm in with this... time to go shoppin'.

Cornholio2188 Loaded Pockets

You could stitch the elastic-did it as a keychain silencer, and it's been great so far (about half a year on various keychains)

[IMG]

Or you could simply gorilla tape over the staples or use some heat shrink.
    Take2 and MinimumEffort like this.

ArmoredFiend Empty Pockets

OMG! Luckily i came back EDC forum and saw this! This is prolly the easiet and cheapest pocket organizer!! I jst went through Skinth site and the P3, albeit tempting, costs $30 a piece...but this...this is freaking cheap!! And it's DIY! Can make it as gigantic or miniscule i want to fit my EDC stuffs. Great idea MinimumEffort!

maverickmonk Loaded Pockets

Was about to buy a $25 TacticalTailor tear away panel to mount my edc pouches on in my backpack. going to try this first.

Dok J Loaded Pockets

Really nice!

Stitching time! :D

J4C3 Loaded Pockets

Thanks guys.

After using it for a few weeks, I noticed 1 thing: the elastic needs to be grippier, smaller objects like peanut capsules, keys etc are OK, but heavier ones like multitools can fall off in your pocket eventually, I guess this could be solved by tightening things further, but the truth is finding a better gripper elastic would improve this greatly.

Any ideas?

ME.

Dok J Loaded Pockets

The grid-its use a rubber lined elastic... Might work:rolleyes:
    MinimumEffort and pacrawshaw like this.

faca Loaded Pockets

clever, simple, cheap and easy DIY.
    I like it, based on your idea why not use elastic cord instead of elastic band and do some holes on card to fix the cord there?

kowboy Loaded Pockets

Thank you so much for sharing! I made one for my self and im loving it!

[IMG]

[IMG]

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

Awesome! I see you went for the 4x4! very nice, thanks for sharing.

ME

kowboy Loaded Pockets

No, i didn't decide the amount of lines... i cut the base and then i realize that i never measure XD... i would like a 5x4 or bigger... so i will have to make another one for my PD10, leatherman juice, etc :D (and i'm thinking that i will use a wider elastic...
    • In Omnia Paratus

Badger375 Loaded Pockets

This is a fantastic idea. Really great DIY!