1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

I have to apologize to the forum members!

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by ElectricSun, Dec 20, 2012.

willydigger Loaded Pockets

MUST...BELIEVE. :furious:
    LoxahatcheeDawg and Syclone1436 like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

I'm crossing my fingers too, Willy. :(
    LoxahatcheeDawg and Syclone1436 like this.

willydigger Loaded Pockets

Well I just re-bought a zippo tape measure. I had originally sent mine along with a custom bead to ES as part of a payment/trade for a custom leather pouch for my tape measure. Instead, I got a misleading PM saying it was shipped and that he had made three from me to choose from. My zippo tape with the cool New Zealand coin and the bead are likely gone.

Lesson learned. I'm moving on now. A new tape measure is on the way. Hopefully my son has another coin to affix to this one.

Anyone else out there make leather custom pouches? Who won't steal and lie to me?
    LoxahatcheeDawg and goosefacer like this.

Kombi Loaded Pockets

He certainly has made himself scarce.

I'm only out $31 with ElectricSun, but I'm still angry about it. I'd like to chalk this up to a fluke, a lapse in character maybe, but with Willydigger's post adding to the rest there's a definite pattern developing that suggests ElectricSun wasn't the straight dealer he presented himself as.
    stax, willydigger and LoxahatcheeDawg like this.
    • +2 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

goosefacer Loaded Pockets

Wow - this is awesome. I hate to say it but I'm not even getting responses from the Forum Store when I send an inquiry for my order status for the leather I purchased through the store.

LoxahatcheeDawg Loaded Pockets

Go find Kevin King over on USN. I couldn't be happier...

[IMG]
    • +1 Supporter

Mumbojumboo Loaded Pockets

That is pretty awesome. I want Dirty Harry inside. I can't do the USN, though..,
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

IMWILSON Loaded Pockets

Please don't think Jon is ignoring you. With his work load, it's possible he hasn't seen you message's. Jon will make it right with you if you don't get your item.
    LoxahatcheeDawg and goosefacer like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

I was a while after he was speaking to Jon about making stuff for the Store that he mentioned that a "client" came in to his shop (which was his home) and "bought all of his stock". I thought that was weird. He said that he needed the money for materials to make product for the Store.
    I wondered how someone who was in talks to make the Forum Store products would suddenly sell all of his stock to a "client". Perhaps it was just that innocent...and he needed the cash for materials.
    LoxahatcheeDawg likes this.

As for ElectricSun, he has posted here exactly once in the last five weeks. This after posting several times a day for the first few weeks of his tenure here. Same or similar on USN. I sent an email challenging him to show his face and put everyone's fears at ease. I think if his intentions were honest he would have done so by now.

I'm sad to hear that the forum store isn't responding either now. This apology thread (his one post) and the last round of emails from KD came after I sent Jon a PM and warned him I was going to call ElectricSun out publicly. Electric sun emailed less than an hour after I sent the PM. I also heard feedback from a moderator that included excuses from KD to Jon blaming me for asking for more and more items in trade. Jon clearly went to bat for me even though I didn't buy through his store. I'd bet he is continuing to do so on everyone's behalf but it is troublesome that he isn't able to respond to status requests. Does it mean he has no idea either?

Out of curiosity, how do the preorders work? Do you have to pay for all or part of the item up front?
    stax likes this.

He has a website too and I can give you his email too. My experience with him was very different than with KD.
    willydigger and Mumbojumboo like this.

My design is the executive EDC wallet in the forum store. I came up with the name and see my pictures posted in the forum store and on USN. I don't really care but no one asked my permission either.
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

I'll check it out!
    But I knew that by giving it away I would have no rights to the design later...I was more interested in just having one to use, really:)

Same here
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

• In Omnia Paratus

Warfusion Loaded Pockets

Oh wow you all still have yet to receive anything that is ridiculous.
    defuse kit likes this.
    • +2 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

No worries in that respect - I didn't mean to imply Jon wouldn't make things right. I was just saying if Jon didn't have any info it can't be good...
    LoxahatcheeDawg and SAKplumber like this.

I was going to buy that! ;-)

Another thing that gave me doubts early on was the lack of pictures in the forum store. How do you sell a product, much less a preorder that everyone has to wait on, without showing them what it looks like? Why the rush to take preorders if you don't have time to make prototypes and snap a few pics?
    OreoGaborio and keeper like this.
  1. what products does this person create?
    I really know nothing of who this person is and what they make/what is backordered.
    • +2 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

Apparently he makes invisible leather goods and lost money.