1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

How did your EDC FAIL?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by thePlumbah, May 1, 2012.

Aleister Loaded Pockets

:eek::cold:
    SAKplumber likes this.
    • +2 Supporter

david57strat Loaded Pockets

Agreed. The new LED technology is a great thing. It's hard to imagine even having to change out a lightbulb in a flashlight, any more (I stopped carrying incandescent lights a few years ago, and have no regrets). A lack of batteries should never stop a person from having plenty of light, whenever wanted/needed. I'm still EDCing five lights lol (I know a lot of people who think I'm nuts, but who cares? I'm never without light. Besides, they don't seem to mind, when light is needed, and no one else seems to be carrying a flashlight).

I carry a Maxpedition Volta Battery case, with batteries for three of my five EDC lights, while the extra 18650 in the M20-X holster will power either that, or the EagleTac D25LC2; because I hate the idea of not having light for any situation, at any time - or of having any downtime, while changing out batteries, on a light, while on the go. I noticed the Olight M20-X (The first light I'll grab in most situations)will suddently drop to its lowest output, when the battery is in need of charging. All I need to to do is grab another well-able flashlight, and I can continue going about my business, including changing out a battery/set of batteries (depending on the light), whenever needed, at an opportune moment.

Sometimes, as with others (where the fail is in not carrying something, rather than something, not working), I regret not having carried my Sparque 2.0 battery with me (for those semi-rare times when I run down my iPhone battery, and am not able to get enough juice back into it, from a Duracell Powerhouse - kind of rare; but I admit, I get lazy about EDCing the 2.0, unless I know for sure that I'm going to be out all day long, and possibly not able to get to a charging outlet, to replenish the phone and the Powerhouse.
    • In Omnia Paratus

NeverAnonymous Loaded Pockets

Two words. Timbuk2 Catipult
    Here's the link
    KAMM likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

Indeed. ;)
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

Nah. I don't dig it - and if I don't dig it, I won't buy it. But thanks. :)
    SAKplumber likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

thePlumbah Meowderator

• +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Pockets

SAK good thing you had 2 on it.
    SAKplumber likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

thePlumbah Meowderator

Yup. Another thing that gave me problems was that they opened so easily and clipped ONTO each other. Sometimes I'd pull my keys out and they'd be in a knot because the clips opened so easily that they'd all be clipped to each other. That didn't work very long:p
    Now what to do with the 8 "0"s I have!? I can't throw them away!!:frantic:

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

I'd take one or two off your hands for comparison purposes to the Python Clip review I did. :)
    vegassprky likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

thePlumbah Meowderator

PM me address...I'm off to the Post tomorrow:D
    vegassprky likes this.

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

You're awesome. PM sent. :)
    • In Omnia Paratus

thePlumbah Meowderator

Truer words have not been spoken today...well, to me at least;)
    vegassprky likes this.

Gr3G Loaded Pockets

This is from back in my highschool days, not much of a "Fail", It was the homecoming dance and me and 2 of my friends all went out to eat with our dates, and I happened to forget cash and all I had was my debit card... I ended up having to pay for the whole thing, 'cause we forgot to tell them to split the bill up.

BilMacGil Loaded Pockets

a few loose beta rays running around somewhere?
    SAKplumber likes this.

BilMacGil Loaded Pockets

I guess the proper term would be beta particles
    SAKplumber likes this.
    • +2 Supporter

david57strat Loaded Pockets

My newly-acquired Sunwayman V11-R has been flickering, then just shutting off, and/or also not being able to properly use the control ring, without the flickering/shutting off occurring. The batteries didn't seem to be the problem (they worked flawlessly in other lights, and were still fully charged). I spoke with the eBay seller, and he offered to promptly refund my purchase. So, tomorrow, it's off to the post office, to return the light. I had also separately purchased a set of 16340 batteries, and the AP-5 extender for this light, so I definitely want to get another one. I'm just hoping not to have any more problems with another Sunwayman light. Keeping my fingers crossed. I have never had these problems with an Olight, Fenix, EagleTac, Led Lenser, or even my cheapo Sipik SK-68. I'm hoping this is just a fluke.

Wish me luck!
    SAKplumber likes this.

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

I'm sending my Eagletac D25A Clicky in for warranty service. It keeps flickering through the modes by itself, and sometimes won't turn on at all unless I smack it against my palm. It's been slowly getting worse for the last week. :(
    SAKplumber likes this.

K1CKtheCHICKEN Loaded Pockets

MY HEADPHONES:
    I use headphones for at least 30min per day, and carry them in my pocket every day no matter what. This being said, the wear on the headphones does amount over time, and they do break and have to be replaced every year or so. I buy the $25 version of the sony headphones, and they seem to be the longest lasting for me.

MY KNIFE:
    Gerber. Enough said? pivot screw would loosen up all the time and eventually the screw stripped because i had tightened it so much. I got the knife for free, so I didn't care too much.

MY KEYS:
    I was going to work at a summer camp and my mother asked to borrow my keys so she could get into our shed while i was away. I gave them to her because i wouldn't need them while working at camp, and we had misplaced the other key at the time. Well i gave her the keys and i get to camp and the lock that was on my US Army trunk was locked as i left it, and the key was, well, on my keys. Needless to say we needed an angle grinder to cut off the hardened steel lock.
    mooshi and SAKplumber like this.
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

I use the freekey to segregate my keys i.e. Home, work, truck, tools so if I have to give one to somebody I still have the rest.. With the freekey they're easy to seperate
    • In Omnia Paratus

thePlumbah Meowderator

Available at a Forum Store near you:p