1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Help me find a mini pen for my Skinth SP

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Tegan's Dad, Dec 12, 2012.

• +1 Supporter

Tegan's Dad Loaded Pockets

How long is the Skilcraft? Looks like the same length as a regular pen?
    • +1 Supporter

The first review on the X-Mark talks about how the pen doesn't seat well in the cap, making the user (and 1 comment to the review) not want to clip-carry it. Do you have similar experiences with it? Since the Skinth tube is open on the bottom, I need the clip to hold it so I don't lose another space pen.
    • In Omnia Paratus

thwippa Loaded Pockets

Oh whoops, I have no idea how I thought it was a smaller pen. I estimated it at ~3 1/2".
    Turns out it's more like a hair over 5".

Lesson learned: I should never eyeball anything.

:oops:

willydigger Loaded Pockets

No problem. The security is just like a normal Fisher with the o-ring at the center.

If you are really worried about it, get the Zebra Telescopic. I had one first and the only reason I'm using the Fisher is because it was a gift. The Telescopic IMO is better for regular duty. I got them for my kids because they were so cool. I'm pretty sure they were booger free too.

Ogre Banned

i have the xmark version of the space pen and that clip aint goin anywhere. if i press on it REALY hard, i can barely get it to move. chrome version so extra slick.

i had a regular black version before and lost the clip the first day

• +1 Supporter

I ordered a Fisher stowaway and the zebra telescopic. I'll check those out first and go back for others later ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    • +1 Supporter

The stowaway and zebra telescopic both arrived. The stowaway is so thin I had both in the Skinth loop for a while, until I sat in my chair at work and the business end of the stowaway fell out of the cap and clinked on the legs of the office chair. I'd hate to have the pen fall out of the cap when I'm out somewhere so for now, the Zebra telescopic is the pen of choice.

I think I'll move the fisher to car duty as it will handle the temperature extremes fairly well. I might try a few others from this thread after the holidays though.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Incidentalist Loaded Pockets

neotrooper and Sriracha like this.

bltkmt Loaded Pockets

Ohto Petit...nice little pen.

[IMG]
    gstojinovic likes this.

bquinlan Loaded Pockets

Even with the dime for comparison I had no idea how tiny the Petit was until I got one. It's a neat design, but too thin for my comfort. I like the Ohto Tasche better. It is a slightly larger version of the same design.

[IMG]

I'm also a big fan of the Retro 1951 Tornado Agenda-sized pens. I have one in green as well as blue and green Tornado Twins, which are the same size.

--Bob Q

flippedcracker Loaded Pockets

Just curious, what would be the perfect length of a pen for this application?
    • In Omnia Paratus

thwippa Loaded Pockets

The SP measures about 5".
    Assume that about an inch gets eaten up by the clip, and a pen would have to be < 4" to not break the silhouette.
    • +1 Supporter

The zebra telescopic just barely sticks out the bottom of the tube. I'll see if I can get a pic up this weekend.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

• In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Wish you hadn't ruled out 'clickys'.

Otherwise: Tombow Pfit.

Engaging the clip disengages the inky part.
    And the clip is the best since clothespins.
    • +1 Supporter

Got some pictures this morning while my daughter was still sleeping. I decided to get a pocket dump too.

Here's the pocket dump. It has my Skinth SP, a Guess watch, wallet, Motorola Blutooth, and a thumb drive case I'm trying out instead of a keychain. I've been keeping my car keys in my jacket so they don't jab my leg while I'm at work.
    [IMG]

Here's the dump with the thumb drive case opened up. It has an Uncle Bill's tweezer, a dx nail clipper, and a SAK Rambler in it.
    [IMG]

Here's the Skinth SP flipped over to show the belt clip.
    [IMG]
    Here's the Skinth SP opened up.
    [IMG]
    Here's the unloladed Skinth SP. It's currently holding my Iphone 4, Small moleskin notebook, 2 "Boogie Wipes" for my daughter, a zebra telescopic, and a Thrunite Ti with a clip I took off a different light.
    [IMG]

gstojinovic Loaded Pockets

Sarky Loaded Pockets

Not sure how the Zebra Expandz differs significantly from the Telescopic, but I nearly bought one of the Expandz today. Very cute!

[IMG]

willydigger Loaded Pockets

I think the Expandz/Telescopic are the best option. Small, inexpensive, different colors. Very nice design.