1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Help me find a mini pen for my Skinth SP

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Tegan's Dad, Dec 12, 2012.

Tegan's Dad Loaded Pockets

So I got my Skinth SP a few days ago, and put a mini clicky pen in one of the loops, but I don't like that the clicky button gets pressed as I'm moving around during the day. I like the mini size of the pen so it doesn't stick out the bottom of the Skinth, but am looking for something a little better.

My requirements are as follows:
    1) Mini in size (The current one is a mini Xeno from Staples). Short length is good, doesn't need to be overly skinny, but that's OK too.
    2) Non click type pen (twist or cap removal is OK).
    3) Has a clip to stay on the Skinth. Also good retention if the cap gets removed
    4) Price below $30, cheaper is better.

I've had a chrome Fischer Bullet before, but the clip didn't stay on very well, and it was so smooth that it slipped out of my pocket one day. It wrote well, but left "ink boogers" on the paper.

I saw an Ohto petite B pen, but wasn't sure how strong the cap stayed on. Anybody have any suggestions?
    • +1 Supporter

jacobwilson99 Loaded Pockets

Subscribing to this thread because the clips on the FSP absolutely suck, YMMV.
    Those are some requirements I'm interested in as well.

What about a Zebra Telescopic?
    [IMG]
    Sriracha and just1man like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

Fisher Stowaway? :)

beefstewcheezy Loaded Pockets

You try the valiant concepts edc pen

sent from the throne of your majesty

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

+1
    Sriracha likes this.
    • +2 Supporter

metropolicity Loaded Pockets

Have you tired super gluing the clip in the FSP? I actually had my clip break off before the pen portion of the clip.

You can also find find pens that ride high on the clip side so some if it sticks out the top. Example, embassy pen

[IMG]

Example of a bad clip for the SP, the lamy safari

[IMG]
    mooshisho likes this.
    • +1 Supporter

That Embassy pen looks like perfection in there.
    I've glued my FSP clips many times, and they still pop off. And rip the finish off. :/

For that price, I might get one just to try out. If I don't like it, it can be set aside for Mooshisho's pass around box:)

I assume it's a twisty?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    mooshisho likes this.

Merrib64 Loaded Pockets

Another vote for the Zebra Telescopic Pen.

This looks good too. Amazon says 4" long which is about the same as what I have now. Might have to pick this up too!

mooshisho likes this.

Even that sticks out farther than I want. I never tried super glue, lost the pen months before I knew about edcforums :(

Awesome job on my skinth by the way and thanks again for working with me on the belt clip upgrade!

metropolicity likes this.

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

Do they have one with a clip? I could only find a keychain version.

beefstewcheezy Loaded Pockets

Just keychain I believe but you could lanyard it to the skinth

sent from the throne of your majesty
    • +1 Supporter

You don't know the half of it. Hide yo wallet. Hide now. Log out. Break the computer. Fire.
    xbanker, mbick and Tegan's Dad like this.
    • +1 Supporter

I don't think it twists. I think you just pull it/push it.

I just took a couple pictures for reference. These are my first picture posts here, so I apologize if it's a little rough!

Here's one side of the Skinth with a Thrunite Ti using a clip I took off of a cheap light from Northern Tool.
    [IMG]

With the light removed...
    [IMG]

The other side of the Skinth with 1 Xeno pen inside, and another next to it.
    [IMG]

It's not a "loadout" picture yet since I'm still working on what goes inside, and I used my phone to take the picture.
    • In Omnia Paratus

thwippa Loaded Pockets

nuphoria and mbick like this.

willydigger Loaded Pockets

Fisher X-Mark. Or the Zebra Telescopic.