1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Have you bought EDC as Christmas Presents this year?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Y.Tribe, Nov 25, 2012.

pinkmonkey Loaded Pockets

We're putting together the boys an EDC bag each. They're 10 & 11. They want to be like dad.
    They've already got a couple of SAKs & flashlights so we're looking into some good multis & some other assorted things. We all really enjoy these things.
    They use their tools to fix their baby sister's toys. It's so sweet. :)
    Fukurai, stax, SAKplumber and 3 others like this.
    • +2 Supporter
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SurvivePenna EDC Junkie!!!!!

As far as EDC items..I've gotten a nice Buck pocket knife giftset for a family member. A heavy-duty Craftsman pocket knife/exacto knife combo for another family member.

My GF (don't you be looking here Sweetie !!! :D) get's either a Fenix E01 or a Fenix E05 for her keychain.
    It will have to be purple... (Yes, KAMM and Moo are not the only ones that LOVE purple ! :p)
    I'm also thinking about getting her a purple SAK to put on her keychain....any suggestions ??? (Can't afford any Alox Pox goodness)
    Fukurai and SAKplumber like this.

Y.Tribe Loaded Pockets

There is nothing wrong with the colour purple :p Happens to be my fave colour too! Along with lots and lots of black.
    She's quite lucky to have you then.
    SurvivePenna likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

misterS Loaded Pockets

maybe a Classic. I'm sure they have those in purple...perfect for a keychain.

Macgirl Loaded Pockets

Shhh....

Husband's getting a JetBeam BA10 and a TEC glow fob (picked up one for myself too!). Might go for the Ritter MiniGrip also.
    Giving various folks FREEKey systems (thanks to Jon for getting them back in stock!!), LifeGear eco glow sticks, pocket first aid kits, Photon X-lights....
    SurvivePenna and SAKplumber like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

I'd recommend a mini champ. They come in purple. It has a cuticle pusher on it so the whole thing is like a mini manicure set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SAKplumber and SurvivePenna like this.

Y.Tribe Loaded Pockets

I have a Leatherman CS and I'm always finding I'm fixing my nails with :3 Now if that isn't multi
    -functional I don't know what is. Their also cheap and awesome.
    sungame and SurvivePenna like this.

bubbaj Loaded Pockets

I bought my father a Fenix PD22 for a decent little EDC. He is always looking around for a flashlight and all the ones he has are garbage. So I decided he may like a decent one.

Oh and I went ahead and ordered one for myself also
    SurvivePenna and SAKplumber like this.

ArnieJB Loaded Pockets

BubbaJ- I bought my dad a PD20 a few years back and he loves it- yours should too! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

I very often do EDC gifts for people, but not necessarily at xmas. I see a need and like to get people useful stuff at any time of the year :)

This year my better half wanted specific stuff which I am getting and the teenage boy just wants cash money... makes it easy for me! :rolleyes:
    kd7dvd and SAKplumber like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd EDC Junkie!!!!!

Me too, which is why the whole "mandatory" commercial xmas thing drives me GNUTS! (Naturally I'm a Grinch [to my right-wing relatives] or a Scrooge [to my left-wing relatives]. Or was it the other way around...?)

Banknotes, the original all-purpose gift certificate!
    nuphoria and Si_K like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Allgrave Loaded Pockets

I've bought FreeKeys and glow fobs as stocking stuffers this year.
    SAKplumber likes this.

Hellz Loaded Pockets

I ordered a couple of Thrunite Ti's for gifts last night. Well, I say that, one of them is for me :D

I'm keeping an eye on this thread to help me out with presents for other family members.
    Fukurai and ProjeKtWEREWOLF like this.

pinkmonkey Loaded Pockets

I'm still trying to figure out what to get my SO. He's a member of this forum so I can't put it here even when I decide lol.

jph0200 Loaded Pockets

Getting Spyderco Manbug for Dad (he hates large knives but will use a good one) and a Surefire flashlight for Sister
    (non-EDC for Mom)
    Fukurai and ProjeKtWEREWOLF like this.

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

The manbug is a fantastic little knife.
    jph0200 likes this.

Sarky Loaded Pockets

I bought a couple of these keyring hip flasks, and had one engraved for my stepson.

[IMG]
    Fukurai, stax and mole like this.

mole EDC Junkie!!!!!

just been to the laser shop and got myself a batch of leather engraved patches wich will get handcut velcro backs & be given to some of my friends (and some for me too:) )
    Fukurai likes this.

jnsn Loaded Pockets

getting my mom a saddleback iphone 5 case, and my wifes step-dad a delica 4.
    Fukurai and SAKplumber like this.

Ogre Banned

Got my wife a blue Wenger classic and blue Felix e01. Bought matching blue paracord to make her little lanyards. Trying to get her into edc a lil bit with some simple matching cutesy stuff

*Transmitted via portable cellular device*
    jph0200 and SAKplumber like this.