1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Full Brass Keychain (very pic heavy)

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by Tofty, Dec 11, 2011.

takenaway Loaded Pockets

How do you integrate the bolt into the pen?

CDavisJK Loaded Pockets

I love your brass setup. Do you also do any custom work out of solid copper? I LOVE Copper. I especially like your brass torch.

[IMG]

Tofty Loaded Pockets

The pin is screwed into the slider post with an M3 thread. There is a 1mm deep counterbore that the pin sits into to avoid it sitting on a rounded surface.

[IMG]

I've tried to make something out of copper only once.

[IMG]

This pen is still unfinished as i haven't made a cap for it yet.
    The concept for it arose after having finished making the pen in the background, where i found that with the cap attached to the back of the pen it was too tail heavy to use properly. The copper pen is much shorter and a cap is needed on the back to give it enough length to be comfortable to write with.
    Copper isn't a very easy metal to turn so i avoid working with it.
    Nice collection by the way.

Ppub101 Loaded Pockets

Do you sell that pen on the keychain? I love it! I would be very interested in buying 1 or 2!

blade Loaded Pockets

Nice brass stuff, i like the vintage Omega!

Chief-Yeah Loaded Pockets

[IMG]

mcmc Loaded Pockets

Ditto that. Would love that pen!

Tofty Loaded Pockets

Just completed another brass pen.
    This one is very similar to the keychain pen except that it is designed to take the larger parker refill. The cartridge can also be replaced without dismantling the bolt by unscrewing the tip.
    It was made to be hung from a chain around the neck.
    All the parts apart from the tube are made from 304 stainless steel.
    (The patterning at the tip is similar to one of the finishes i'm planning for the keychain pen)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

browneyes Loaded Pockets

Oh my ....

That is beautiful work! I would love if these were available for purchase (not that I should be buying more things >.<)
    • In Omnia Paratus

6_String_Jams Loaded Pockets

beautiful work!

Calilw Loaded Pockets

How do I get my name on a list for one of these? I like it!

billy the squid Empty Pockets

always in need of a screwdriver when i don't have one, any ideas about where to get very small (not screw head size) but tough cross and straight screwdriver key ring online?

Tofty Loaded Pockets

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

Dayam!

You are making some very pretty pens ;D

joel_1071 Loaded Pockets

I've always embraced the "diy ethic". Excellent Tofty!

Rrrino43 Loaded Pockets

*claps* outstanding workmanship and craftsmanship I was a fitter machinist years ago and compared to most of my colleagues I sucked at using lathes and milling machines.So I went the mechanical fitting path but I always enjoyed watching a master tradesman ply his trade.It would be a delight to be a fly on the wall watching you make those gadgets.

Ademar Loaded Pockets

Nothing outstanding, but think interesting decision of hiding a needle :)

[IMG]

[IMG]
    nuphoria likes this.

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

Clever :)

It was great drool over this thread again too!
    Ademar likes this.

Tofty Loaded Pockets

Thanks alot guys and gals, i'd rather forgotten about this thread.

Love the needle tube Ademar, especially the way the tube becomes a handle when needed.

Rrrino43, i'm afraid you'd be be quite bored as i haven't been into the workshop for many weeks now, the list of things to be done is getting silly.

I do have some new things to show thanks to the world of 3D Printing:

[IMG]

[IMG]

A variation of my original tritium vial holder in gold plated brass.

[IMG]

[IMG]

My pedal shaped tritium bead, also in gold plated brass.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

And my one-piece survival whistle, it's made of chocolate wrapped in gold coloured foil.
    nuphoria and Ademar like this.

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!