1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

favicon.ico

Discussion in 'Forum Functionality Issues' started by bkdotcom, Jul 2, 2010.

bkdotcom Loaded Pockets

Not an issue... I'm just a fan of the favicon in the URL bar / bookmarks, etc
    So, submitted for the forum's approval... the "e" from the EDC logo... tinyfied

http://bit.ly/bb9VNP

Just save it in the document root as favicon.ico and voila
    better than the default vBulletin icon at least
    customh and flippedcracker like this.

Freddo4J Loaded Pockets

BUMP

This would be easy. Simply pop the icon in the website's root folder and add this to the page's source code! Would love the "e".
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://example.com/myicon.ico" />

bkdotcom Loaded Pockets

Or just pop it in the root folder as favicon.ico and no html/template modification required at all. :)
    That icon was created in more of the style of the last forum's theme & colors
    I could update it... were the forum to actually use it.

Edit: that's quite the thread bump.. I posted that 2.5 years ago!

Freddo4J Loaded Pockets

I like the favicons in my browsers. They help my find favorites way faster. Hopefully, it'll be deployed and we'll see it one day. I found your initial thread with a search for "favicon.ico" hoping to see (and I did) that I wasn't the only EDCF'er wanting it.

flippedcracker Loaded Pockets

This is one thing that bugs me as well. This site is the only one in my bookmarks that doesn't have a favicon.
    Freddo4J likes this.

Thrill Empty Pockets

Us guys must all be very similar, it bugs me too. Love the E.

customh Loaded Pockets

Jon's pretty busy but this would be sweet.

Freddo4J Loaded Pockets

I dunno what it takes from Jon's perspective but I hear he is a busy guy. Maybe one day though if this thread stays alive.

flippedcracker Loaded Pockets

Mighty Max and Freddo4J like this.

Freddo4J Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the icon I used it with FireFox and this add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/bookmark-favicon-changer
    EDIT: The icon does not sync to FireFox on my other machines but that's fine 'cause the add-on does. I just copied the icon to my other machine and pointed to it again. According to the add-on publisher, once an icon is used for a bookmark, the source file is no longer needed. I save them to a folder though just in case (i.e., preparedness) and I really like the new "e" I have now! Thx flippedcracker!
    Last edited by Freddo4J, Jan 12, 2013
    Mighty Max and flippedcracker like this.

ShadowE Loaded Pockets

Ha I have been wanting to make a favicon and post it for the forum too :) good job. I made them for all my sites too

willydigger Loaded Pockets

AWESOME and THANKS! :D
    • In Omnia Paratus

Mighty Max Loaded Pockets

Good thing I found this. I was beginning to think I was a mad man.