1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

EDC Related GIft For $100 All In??? Concluded & Winner Chosen!

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by mlehto, Nov 29, 2012.

mlehto Loaded Pockets

Alright so after much consideration I think I am leaning towards a set of Maratac's.

Think I am gonna get one of the AA, and one of the AAA's as well.

I have an E11 which was holding me back, but I will give it to my GF for her purse, and I think the Maratacs will be smaller, and easier to carry with the clips they come with.

Still time to change my mind though, so keep the ideas coming guys!
    kertap75 and SAKplumber like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

FACE EDC Junkie!!!

Sarky Loaded Pockets

Night vision monocular

[IMG]
    Fukurai and SAKplumber like this.
    • +4 Supporter

grayman Loaded Pockets

What about multiple items such as: small FAK, battery carriers for spares, a box of CR123 batteries, pocket stone for sharpening on the go when necessary...

mlehto Loaded Pockets

Well after spending many hours examining my flashlight situation I have made a decision!

4 Seven Preon II Titanium it is!

My current EDC flashlights are a Fenix E11, and E05, but I find myself not carrying the E11 much due to it's size, and the lack of a pocket clip.

The Preon will sit nicely clipped next to my Embassy Pen in my pocket, and has better output to boot.

mlehto Loaded Pockets

Although not the exact flashlight I ended up choosing this idea got me thinking about the whole flashlight situation, and I was almost ready to order the maratac's last night before finding the Preon 2 in Ti.

Congrats to SAKplumber.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. ;)
    kertap75 and SAKplumber like this.
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

Woohoo! Thank you sir!
    stax likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

Wudja win?
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

An Opinel:)

T.H.Cone EDC Junkie!!!!!

Congrats buddy! Sure was nice of Mlehto.
    SAKplumber likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

Kewell! Pix when it arrives?
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

Sure. He's busy and won't ship for a while, but tells me its a "broken in" Opinel:D Thats cool. I use all of my knives...so far:D
    Fukurai likes this.

T.H.Cone EDC Junkie!!!!!

Lets hope you don't like it too much, otherwise we will have to start calling you "OPINELplumber".
    SAKplumber and tower like this.

mlehto Loaded Pockets

When I get home tonight I will post some pics of the Opinel.

I'd hardly call it broken in. Been pocketed a couple times, but that's about it.

I removed the logo printing with some sandpaper, and patina'd the blade with some mustard, which left a cool pattern, but that's about it.

I'll post a pic in a couple hours, and have Sakplumber post a pic when he gets it. ;)

I'm new here, but this seems like a great forum, and figured a little fun was in order so why not......
    SAKplumber, T.H.Cone and kertap75 like this.
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

I'll fix that:) It'll be my first Opinel:) Very lightweight, so it'll go in the bag and be used often:)
    I was using my Tinker for food duty but have stopped carrying it in my pocket so the Opinel will come in very handy:)

mlehto Loaded Pockets

Here she is:

Honestly a great little knife, and very light weight. The locking mechanism is awesome, and the steel works very well for everyday tasks.

I will definitely be buying a new one when I see one again. ;)

[IMG]
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

SuhWeet! Thank you mlehto!
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

My prize arrived today! Thnaks man! I've never held an Opinel before & I must say this is smaller than I thought and will be a great edc food service knife:) Can't wait til I'm hungry:D

[IMG][IMG]

PS...you gotta tell us how you like your lights:)

Sent from my recliner via Tapatalk HD
    Fukurai, mlehto and Syclone1436 like this.

mlehto Loaded Pockets

Glad you got it buddy!

And yeah I have seen the new FourSeven Ti P2, but the Fiance won't let me touch it till Christmas. :(

I will be sure to post up a review, and some pics later.

I still have to do the same for my new UTG bag, my Blind Horse Snap Knapp, and my SAK ALOX Classic, but working in commission based retail this month means working 6 days a week, and not much spare time.

Soon though.........
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

Woe, woe, woe. Did we just go from GF to fiancée in the course of this thread? Congrats, mlehto!
    SAKplumber, Fukurai and Syclone1436 like this.