1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Dude your screwed.. On discovery.

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by Powrstroke6.0, Dec 8, 2013.

• +1 Supporter

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Uh oh! I said something that might be controversial? Hard to believe. :D
    SAKplumber and Kinzei like this.
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

I was going to say something that would be taken as controversial. Wanted to say it for years. You guys have opened the door for me to talk about it later. If someone calls me on it I can just point to you guys :)

I agree with everything you are saying.

Now I have to run away from the forum until a box arrives, come back in for 5 minutes then not come back to this side for awhile.

I am grounded from this side of the forum.

JP Loaded Pockets

Those pics of Iceland look great. I wish I could pop over there for a vacation and drink some beer. I wouldn't want to be dropped anywhere unprepared. Especially in the North. The bears or Grey Wolves would end up making me an afternoon snack in the winter and the bugs would carry me away in the summer.
    JonSidneyB likes this.

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Iceland?? Iceland is beautiful. Greenland is the frozen wasteland. The misleading names were done on purpose by those who first discovered both. They wanted interloopers freezing to death by going to Greenland and wanted to enjoy Iceland for themselves.
    • +1 Supporter

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

So ... you just needed a scapegoat, huh? :p
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

Yep. :D
    • +1 Supporter

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Dude, I'm screwed. :eek:
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

Not that bad, I will just point to you say "See. he agrees with me". :cool:

Now I have I need to learn to make my self not be out here. :)
    AK Adventurer and Kinzei like this.

AK Adventurer EDC Junkie!!!!!

Wish you wouldn't do that. I for one enjoy it when your on this side of the forum and posting. :)
    cowsmilk, kd7dvd, SAKplumber and 3 others like this.

AK Adventurer EDC Junkie!!!!!

Ya, dunno about SEALs, but Rangers do have an extreme winter survival and bushcraft course available to them... IF they get a rotation to Alaska, and IF while they are here they take the course... But it isn't mandatory, its elective. Never could understand that, why its not required to teach them this kinda stuff.

I know a couple guys that took it. Both life long outdoorsmen, and Alaskans, and they thought it was good, but Hard. I'd love to go take it, but not being a Ranger I can't ;) which is ironic considering the average Ranger thats posted here Doesn't take it! :rolleyes:
    SAKplumber, RoadWizard and Kinzei like this.

JohnN Loaded Pockets

Of course it does. One has "ice" in the name, the other "green". Duh. Clearly you are not cut out to produce reality TV. ;-)

-john
    JonSidneyB and T.H.Cone like this.

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Just do what we all do ... Quietly blame SAK Plumber. ;)
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

The problem is if I am on this side of things I am not working. :(
    AK Adventurer likes this.

T.H.Cone EDC Junkie!!!!!

I know that's my MO.
    vegassprky, SAKplumber and JonSidneyB like this.

lefty81 Loaded Pockets

Discovery also has "Naked and Afraid" which is another survival show which throws two couples onto a desert island or the austrailian outback without any clothes. I have only seen part of one episode but it seemed like an interesting idea for a survival show

mb200k Empty Pockets

Well, im brazillian and if they went real, real interior to dump the guy, like northeast on the border, he would be screwed for life

Enviado de meu XT1058 usando Tapatalk
    SAKplumber and JonSidneyB like this.

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

There's already a topic about that one.

Just seems odd. Even cavemen and women were intelligent enough to cover their bodies with warm, furry, animal skins.
    vegassprky and JonSidneyB like this.

T.H.Cone EDC Junkie!!!!!

I can't because all I brought along with me was this stupid dive mask.
    RoadWizard and JonSidneyB like this.
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

The problem is you could not spend hundreds of hours hiking it. It is not long enough for that. :)
    • In Omnia Paratus

thePlumbah Meowderator

Easy boys...no fair ganging up on me:pI can probably take you one at a time...

[IMG]
    cmo, AK Adventurer and T.H.Cone like this.