1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Discreet Tactical Pants for Office Job

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Olympus, May 6, 2016.

1. Thai_cat

Thai_cat Empty Pockets

Also the good decision would be to find tactical-non-tactical pants from 5.11 and Blackhawk! old collections.

2. Magic8ball

Magic8ball Loaded Pockets

Just picked up a pair of Prana Zion's. Material has a tiny bit of stretch, they are very comfortable and breath well. I may start tossing them in to the business casual rotation.

3. NorthernHarrier

NorthernHarrier Loaded Pockets

I go with Vertx Phantom pants when they go on sale at LAPolicegear. They are tough, have cargo pockets that don't scream "tactical" and they are easy to care for. I wear them daily for my commute into DC.

4. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

How about dry cleaning?

Khakis come in a large variety of fits and cotton weights. The options are limitless and to find good slacks you can't simply go to JC Penney and find what's folded up on the shelf.

I take all of my slacks for dry cleaning with sweaters and jackets. I get my shirts laundered and pressed there. The $2/shirt beats me taking time to do it. The cotton pants like khakis also lasts longer with dry cleaning. I wear actual slacks most days with well fitting long sleeve button downs. They seem to last longer and look more professional. The drawback is the socks. I loathe dress socks, and I've tried To least a dozen different ones.

I actually stumbled onto this thread researching Kuhl pants, and I'm seeing the "elite" on the internet wearing them. I'm looking for new options to replace my 5.11 trash. All their pants are total trash now. QC is very bad. Shame on them.

kikaida likes this.
  5. babola

babola Loaded Pockets

+2
    TAD Spartans, Coverts or borderline Recons. All lower profile than the 'standard' cargo/tactical pants.

5.11 has a good range too, I just rate TADs a little higher, that's all.

6. surfdaworld

surfdaworld Empty Pockets

Costco sometimes carries nice 'travel' chinos. The black ones look like slacks, but have a concealed leg pocket with a hidden zipper, and a concealed interior pocket that also zips shut. Very discreet for lightweight EDC, IMO.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

7. popedandy

popedandy Loaded Pockets

The Tru-Spec Lightweight Classic 24-7 works pretty well for me.

8. Ken Watson
    • +1 Supporter

Ken Watson Loaded Pockets

The Ridgelines are worth it.

9. Dave613

Dave613 Loaded Pockets

Anyone tried these in the 2.0 version they are now advertising on their site? Search for "vertx phantom lt 2.0 pants" to find the page and the manufacturer's description of the changes. Have a number of the "1.0" style, just wondered if anyone has tried the replacement version.

TIA

Dave.

10. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

I've been wearing these same trousers for the last month; they hold up very well and look good. They are a little warm if you live in a hot, humid place but they're not horrible. The zipper pull is a little small and delicate, but I guess you don't want something obvious.

11. Lopez

Lopez Loaded Pockets

Vertx office. I believe that I saw something like that a while ago

12. babola

babola Loaded Pockets

Phantom LT or Phantom OPS?

I tried both of them. They wear like canvas with a very rigid feel to them.
    I also have an issue with dishing $70 for a pair of pants in polyester rich poly-cotton cloth.
    Talked to their product manager during last SHOT show, congratulated them on a Phantom OPS design and features and commented on cheap poly-cotton ripstop cloth. He said 'everyone uses it these days' but mentioned many others also "complained" about that and promised they will explore other materials too. So far I haven't heard/seen it apart the brand new Recon pants which are basically Phantom OPS in Mil-spec Cordura NyCo Multicam with extra 4 utility pockets sewn on.

I love both the Phantom LT and the Phantom OPS cut and fit, cargo pockets on the latter remind me of original Vietnam OD jungle fatigues. Shame it only comes in the cheapest ripstop material currently on the market.

13. Municipal_Jedi
    • +3 Supporter

Municipal_Jedi Loaded Pockets

I don't have a pair (mostly because of price) but the TAD Spartan line looks like it would fit the bill.

14. Dave613

Dave613 Loaded Pockets

LT was the style I was interested in. Thanks for your comments. The original (non "2.0") LT style seems to be on sale at close out prices now at some dealers (e.g. $29.99 at LAPG).
    Dave.