1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

CORNHOLIO2188 EDC

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by Cornholio2188, Oct 17, 2012.

• +2 Supporter

metropolicity Loaded Pockets

Dude! I like files more for that kind of awesomeness. Way more control than a dremel.

You can FEEL how much material is being removed

Great work corny!
    Take2 and Cornholio2188 like this.

k.o.milo Loaded Pockets

Cornholio2188 likes this.

Cornholio2188 Loaded Pockets

Sorry I don't reply back right away guys-either edcf or my computer is being weird and not showing any alerts....

Thanks brother! It makes me feel a lot better coming from you ;) Very true-I sure had to muscle it though...not sure if that's right... :confused:

I'll hopefully be trying some simple aesthetic mods in the future ;)

Ahahah! I was thinking of getting that one! Prob be buyin a pack sometime in the near future-something less tactical than my Voodoo Tac backpack :p Thanks for the link!
    And thank you! :D

I may have to "hatchetjack" some items once I get on my moddin' gloves :p
    Fukurai and hatchetjack like this.

That's a good point-I guess for real rough jobs the dremel is good-and buffing, which will be a heck of a lot faster in a good way :p
    Thanks! Ya-I'll be goin slow for quite a while.... :rolleyes:

Hey guys-so for the file work I have a question-don't know if I was putting too much pressure, or if the "operating table" wasn't stable enough, but the blade seemed to get some "stress marks" or something...?

They look like scratches but they fan out from the deeper grooves....weird
    I don't know-they seem identical-too perfect to be a mistake-yet ugly enough to look like they shouldn't be there....

I was going to polish the blade anyway-but I want to avoid this in the future if possible...

I wonder if starting off with more fine tooth files would yield better results? Kinda just went with the triangle file first to get things started, then round to widen the grooves...

There was a ton of vibration that shouldn't have been there-no workbench and I got impatient/didn't care-it was a practice knife :p

Oh, and I gotta take some pics of the starter gear from Harbor freight-but got a
    • nice table swivel vise
    • set of 4 hand files
    • 12 pack of fine-toothed files
    • 12" quick release clamp
    • and a 3 pack of countersinks w/hand operation attachment accessory
    all for less than $50! I don't know if that was a good deal, but I was expecting to spend around that for just a good vise. Good thing about it is that (yes it swivels) it allows for a ton of adjustment (different angles) and can also be temporarily or permanently fastened to a workbench.

The 12" files were not the best (at least not the round file), but the finetooth files were pretty darn good it seems.

Quick release clamp seems awesome!

and I have yet to use the countersinks.

Stay tuned for some more amateur knife mods! Hey-even tuffthumbz started somewhere. :p

Got any suggestions for some better files? :D Mostly just lookin for a good round file...and handle or no handle?

I was just goin off youtube vids I saw yesterday. Lol-so much willpower...:uhhuh:

Switched up the lady's keychain-just added a black shackle with adjuster to space things out and keep things more organized

[IMG]

And of course-added some keys to mine and switched it up-ditched the s-biners for true utility keychain shackle style

[IMG]

I love this keychain setup-even though it's slightly bulkier-added 3 keys though and still sits really nicely in the pocket.

Just need a dangler now! Gettin tired of the Keyper look-need to keep things classy...

I keep finding myself ditching all the tactical stuff for more refined products for daily use-after all, not everything tactical is necessarily tougher-just often times I found that to be the case.
    Take2 and misterS like this.

Today's EDC + Kershaw Cryo (not pictured)

[IMG]
    Take2 and WanderingFool like this.

I stinkin' love my keychain now. Ridiculously perfect.

This is how it hangs from the keyring, and the para-pull makes it way faster to retrieve

[IMG]

Got my nano light and pry tool on another keychain along with my pry bar, car keys, and key fob.
    Take2, vegassprky and misterS like this.

Keychains and how I carry:

[IMG]

I keep them separated on both sides of the pocket-keeps things flat and from banging together/scratching.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Where'd it go??!:eek:
    Take2 likes this.

Had an awesome Christmas! Here's the goods (most of them)

[IMG]

And obviously the new camera taking shots, but can't take a picture of the camera....

So here's today's edc with some new toys!!

[IMG]

And some stuff I got for my lady :p

[IMG]

In the little cupcake bag is actually two tickets to Cirque Du Soleil's Iris and a Confirmation of a new Skinth (lol-not really a Christmas present, but another thing to look forward to-build up the anticipation :p)
    Take2, Fukurai, misterS and 3 others like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

I need to get me a dremel. NICE HAUL!
    Syclone1436 and Cornholio2188 like this.

Thanks! I got some awesome stuff this year! Dremels are a must have!

Used my Breacher Bar for something today-just gettin it started...don't have time to defrost the whole freezer today, so I just made it easier to open/close :p

[IMG]

Didn't really make a huge difference, so I didn't even bother to take an "after" shot-but it WORKED!
    Take2, misterS and KAMM like this.

Snuck up on them while they were sleeeeeping :p

[IMG]

[IMG]
    6_String_Jams likes this.

Really just wanted to test out how clear the flash would be on the camera...Favorite loadouts so far...

[IMG]
    Take2, Fukurai and misterS like this.