1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Books

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Beamshot, Nov 15, 2012.

Beamshot Loaded Pockets

Ok so what books are you carrying? I'm having a hard time finding anything that interests me anymore! So what are you taking with you to pass time?

GrayMouser EDC Junkie!!!!!

Check out the "What Are You Reading" thread in The Breakroom area. Lots of good suggestions there.
    JGP likes this.

jim from california Loaded Pockets

"the underboss" story about Sammy the Bull Gravano...hardback...i just cant warm up to reaqding from a kindle or phone app,just isnt the same as holding a book...
    GrayMouser likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

Archeology text books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mooshisho likes this.

TweezersAndAToothpick Loaded Pockets

Notes of a Dirty Old Man by Charles Bukowski (my avatar). It's one of the last books by him I haven't read. Gritty, honest realism in a series of humorous short stories and essays.
    GrayMouser likes this.

Sarky Loaded Pockets

From the Dune chronicles: "The Machine Crusade" by Brian Herbert and Kevin J Anderson. I also carry a lot more on the Kindle, in case I get stranded on a desert island (...with USB sockets). ;)

Hellz Loaded Pockets

My Kindle reading list is currently 77 books. That makes me happy :)

You raise a valid point though, all desert islands should immediately be installed with USB sockets. Also, Wi-Fi :D
    SurvivePenna likes this.
    • +3 Supporter

Municipal_Jedi Loaded Pockets

I'm reading the Song of Ice and Fire Series (basis for HBO's Game of Thrones). There are 5 books out now with 2 more to come each about 800 - 1000 pages, if you're into fantasy they are well worth a read.
    • In Omnia Paratus

I suppose you could say I also carry the whole Harry Potter series with me since I have the audio books on my iPhone. I downloaded them from the library.

defuse kit and mooshisho like this.

defuse kit Loaded Pockets

Which version, American or English? I've got the English ones on my iPhone as well. I could listen to Steven Fry all day :)
    • In Omnia Paratus

We have the British version of the books but American version with Jim Dale for audio. He's great too. I don't know how, but his character voices from the first book are still the same in the last book.

• In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

You never cease to amaze me. :)

defuse kit Loaded Pockets

Steven Fry's depictions are amazing and the characters change voices as they age and mature, but stay unmistakably in character. He's also talented when it comes to one character impersonating another.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who keeps these on hand :)

JGP Loaded Pockets

Red Shirts. Also I subscribe to 25+ comics at the best comic shop in Seattle, Arcane Comics. So every Wednesday I have something new to read. :)
    GrayMouser likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

I have a short attention span and take classes to keep my mind active. I've had a head injury so I'll be at increased risk for dementia. I almost had my masters in theology when they changed my requirements out of the blue. So I decided to work on another bachelors instead, this time anthropology. I've got intro to Archeology this semester. I may go back and finish the other after that or take up welding next.

GrayMouser and mooshisho like this.

Y.Tribe Loaded Pockets

I don't tend to read much anymore. But I always have a charged ipod with me with some of my fave audiobooks on. Its the only way I get to sleep. Currently listening to the Survivalist and Red Dwarf books.
    mooshisho likes this.