1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Anybody EDC a cool pipe tamper?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by MOD-u-LAR, Jan 7, 2013.

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

I've been checking out some tampers online & wondered if anyone on the forums EDC a tamper? Which really implies a pipe too but it's the tampers I'm interested in right now. I was also thinking of trying to whittle myself one and was curious if anyone had done so already. If you got pics I'd love to see them, thanks.
    • +4 Supporter

AK Adventurer Loaded Pockets

Can't post pics, sorry, but I have a couple i carry(since I carry a pipe) I make all mine out of spent cartridges/brass. Usually .45 colt or similar size. One I use the most is a 30-06 case with the neck area cut off, and it slip fits into a .45colt case, I have a section of paper clip inside it in case I need a pipe pick. The other one I carry is made from a old ball point pen that is a marbled green plastic, the top section with the pocket clip, and a nickel plated .45auto case on the bottom of it... Wish i could post pics... :(

I've been wanting to get a large chunk of Ti or copper, and lathe/mill one, and maybe inset some tritium vials in it... But I never have the $$ for materials.

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

I'm not going to spend a dime on materials, just pieces of wood and my clumsy attempts to whittle.

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

when i smoked pipes (40 yrs and just switched to electronic cigs) i used a aluminum nail with a head and grinded the length of the nail down
    cherap and light weight too
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

6_String_Jams Loaded Pockets

I just use a cheapie from the pipe shop :(
    • In Omnia Paratus

Eagle Scout Loaded Pockets

There are a few side flame pipe lighters that have a removable tamper built into the bottom. DX carries one called the "Stylish Silver Cigar Lighter" for $4.30 shipped. It's SKU: 10080. I have two of them, both of which have multi years of service.