1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Anybody EDC a cool pipe tamper?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by MOD-u-LAR, Jan 7, 2013.

• +1 Supporter

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

I've been checking out some tampers online & wondered if anyone on the forums EDC a tamper? Which really implies a pipe too but it's the tampers I'm interested in right now. I was also thinking of trying to whittle myself one and was curious if anyone had done so already. If you got pics I'd love to see them, thanks.

AK Adventurer EDC Junkie!!!!!

Can't post pics, sorry, but I have a couple i carry(since I carry a pipe) I make all mine out of spent cartridges/brass. Usually .45 colt or similar size. One I use the most is a 30-06 case with the neck area cut off, and it slip fits into a .45colt case, I have a section of paper clip inside it in case I need a pipe pick. The other one I carry is made from a old ball point pen that is a marbled green plastic, the top section with the pocket clip, and a nickel plated .45auto case on the bottom of it... Wish i could post pics... :(

I've been wanting to get a large chunk of Ti or copper, and lathe/mill one, and maybe inset some tritium vials in it... But I never have the $$ for materials.
    • +1 Supporter

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

I'm not going to spend a dime on materials, just pieces of wood and my clumsy attempts to whittle.

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

when i smoked pipes (40 yrs and just switched to electronic cigs) i used a aluminum nail with a head and grinded the length of the nail down
    cherap and light weight too
    • In Omnia Paratus

6_String_Jams Loaded Pockets

I just use a cheapie from the pipe shop :(
    • In Omnia Paratus

Eagle Scout Loaded Pockets

There are a few side flame pipe lighters that have a removable tamper built into the bottom. DX carries one called the "Stylish Silver Cigar Lighter" for $4.30 shipped. It's SKU: 10080. I have two of them, both of which have multi years of service.