1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

ADMIN PANEL SUGGESTIONS

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by mike1031, Jan 2, 2013.

mike1031 Loaded Pockets

Hey everyone,

Looking at adding an interior admin panel to my GORUCK GR1. Looking for something to load some everyday items (i.e. Leatherman, field notes, pen, chem lights, etc.) I'm looking for something on the smaller side. Been looking at Emdom SF admin panel and Blue Force Gear panel (If anyone has experience with either, would like your feedback. Any suggestions of other makers that you know of (and have experience with) would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Schuey2002 Loaded Pockets

If you are mounting it on the back interior all of the pack (tucked up under the grab handle), my vote goes to Tactical Tailor's Fight Light Admin Pouch Enhanced. The way the pouch folds open, would probably lend itself to being easier to access the contents contained within.

I used to own an Emdom SAF Admin Panel. I hated it. The open-top pouch was a horrible design. Good luck holding anything taller than a Mini Bic Lighter in its pocket. Stuff fell out of it all the time. If you like that design, then I would look at something with a zippered pocket instead. Tactical Tailor and Tactical Assault Gear are two brands that make similar admin panels, but with a zippered pocket.
    mike1031 likes this.

mike1031 Loaded Pockets

Thanks Schuey...and thanks for the feedback on the Emdom panel!
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Before you buy, ask B'rer TARFU....and subscribe to his blog.
    He is using / loading up gear / stress-testing & reviewing stuff, like a madman.

Send him a Convo, for more info.
    defuse kit and mike1031 like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gryffin Loaded Pockets

If you can wait, our local nylon-gear guru TARFU is working on an Admin Panel Death Match comparative review. I guarantee it will be enlightening.
    defuse kit, mike1031 and Gnarly like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Thanx for posting the link, Gryffin.
    Had to take out the Pug; was gonna add it when I got back.
    Good work.
    mike1031 likes this.

mike1031 Loaded Pockets

Thanks gentleman for the heads up...going to drop him a convo and get some detail. Thanks again!

Definitely check out that comparo.. ;)

Here is a photo that I found of a GoRuck GR1 with their [insanely priced] GR1 Field Pocket mounted in it.

[IMG]

You can see why I am recommending you get a pouch that opens up like this, like a clamshell. If it opened only from the top, it would be much harder to get your gear out of it. As the bag naturally covers over the top of any pouch that you mount there..
    mike1031 and Gnarly like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

No need. Always creeping around. Scheuy's recommendation of the Fight Light is solid. I've used it and recommend it. If you want something a little more solid and don't mind the weight trade-off, Tactical Tailor also makes a 1000D version. I reach out to them in an attempt to have it included in the Death Match but so far I've heard crickets. Here is a couple of pics of the Fight Light mounted to the bottom straps of a Source Assault 20:

[IMG]

[IMG]

I don't have any direct experience with Zulu Nylon, but I've heard good things. Their CAOS Admin Pouch would be another option that is made in the U.S.A. It is however more expensive (but still $30 less than the GoRuck).

[IMG]
    Survival Artisan, mike1031 and Gnarly like this.

^^^^

Maybe everyone in TT's office is on vacation? Or maybe they don't feel like sending something out for review. *shrug* I don't see how it could hurt their bottom line...

And yeah, I would go with that Zulu Chaos Admin pouch any day over any of the various GoRuck pouches. You get way more features for organizing stuff, the same great 1000D Cordura/USA-made build quality, and it's lower in price to boot! :)

Kifaru's Organizer is also about the same price as the Zulu Chaos (starting at $65). Everyone raves about those pouches. While I'm sure it's an amazing organizer, it might be too big for the spot that he wants to place it in. But, it's still another pouch worth considering..

Mike also mentioned Blue Force Gear's Admin pouch. That would work. It looks to be pretty slim, and if he can live with the top-opening design, then he should definitely add it to the list..
    Last edited by Schuey2002, Jan 4, 2013
    Gnarly likes this.

Herb Loaded Pockets

FWIW I am using a MSM Stealth Admin Pouch in my GR1. Jury is still out but so far so good. [IMG]
    mike1031 and Gnarly like this.

mike1031 Loaded Pockets

Thanks everyone...And appreciate the photos as well. Weights not an issue, and I took a good look at the Flight Light. It's moving up on the list. And I'm going to take a gander at the MSM panel tonight. Has anyone heard (or have) experiencing with the Blue Force Gears panel? Based on Schuey2002 info on the Emdom panel, I've crossed it off the list.
    Gnarly likes this.

Blue Force Gear's panel? Are you referring to this? http://www.blueforcegear.com/admin-pouch/

For the record, I have one of their discountinued Vulcan packs, and it is fantastic. The build quality is right up there with ATS Tactical or Eagle Industries US-made gear.
    Last edited by Schuey2002, Jan 4, 2013
    Gnarly likes this.

mike1031 Loaded Pockets

mike1031 Loaded Pockets

Yep...the second one. http://www.blueforcegear.com/admin-pouch/

It was pretty deep in the catalogue....If memory serves me right, they had a lot more on there then I see now. Its one of those manufacturers that is out there that I don't hear a lot on. It looks solid, and if you compare it to ATS and Eagle, then I trust the quality. I still own a ATS RAID II and sometimes I feel like I'm cheating on her with another pack...she's a tank.

Yeah, Blue Force Gear used to sell packs and other things on their website. Most of that has been long discontinued..

As far as BFG the company, you don't hear that much about them on this forum. There is way more chat about them over on the Lightfighter.net forums ..
    mike1031 likes this.

mike1031 Loaded Pockets

From what I see on the catalogue, it looks solid. May have a look at lightfighter and see if anyone has one.