1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

5.11 Trainer Belt - Sizing

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by ArnieJB, Dec 28, 2012.

ArnieJB Loaded Pockets

I am considering purchase of this belt as I already have the TDU belt, but I want something with a metal buckle now. The sizing chart says I am a medium, but several online reviews mention that they seem to run a little small so I may need a large. Does anyone have any input on the sizing? FYI, this will not be used for CCW carry, so I don't need the extra length for that.

parnass Loaded Pockets

Are you located in USA? If so, stop by a Bass Pro Shop or Gander Mountain store and try on the 5.11 belts. I had a sizing question about a 5.11 belt and it was answered when I tried them on at the store.
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

Also, look for the uniform shop that your local police/fire personnel get their stuff from (ask one). They usually carry much of the 5.11 line. (or "tactical" shops)

Sent from a remote location using smoke signals.

Blue Lizard Empty Pockets

If it helps, I'm usually a 32" waist and ordered a medium-size belt based on the 5.11 online size guide. Ended up swapping it for a large, which was much better in use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

elgie.l Loaded Pockets

I bought my first one upsized and found the tag end reached too far around my waist so I ended up buying one marked for my normal belt size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArnieJB Loaded Pockets

5.11 Trainer Belt (Charcoal with SS Buckle) came in today. Took the chance with the medium (32" waste) and it fits perfectly! I like the double thickness. It's much better with jeans than the TDU belt I have which I now reserve for shorts in the summer.

ArnieJB Loaded Pockets

32" waist that is ;)